Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Apple TV vs. Smart TV
  • Wozza
    Free Member

Apple TV is on offer at the mo. Buy it (from apple) for £79 and you’ll get a £25 iTunes voucher.

It probably means it’s due an upgrade soon.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

From reading the glowing atv reports I reckon chromecast will overtake it for functionality soon. Most of the useful apps are on the device not the box.

mps711
    Free Member

One of the best things about the chromecast is that if you are a BT broadband customer you can cast BT sport to it from your phone or tablet.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Love my Apple TV, especially sine I jailbroke it and installed xbmc. Movietastic!

sharkbait
    Free Member

[quoteLove my Apple TV, especially sine I jailbroke it and installed xbmc. [/quote]
    ^ This. I bought a v2 ATV a few years ago and have had it running XBMC since – it’s a cracking device for streaming from a network drive/internet/airplay/iPlayer etc. There is actually a bit of storage space on them so you can load films onto it (ftp) and use it as a standalone player.

I see that v2 ones are now going for £250 on ebay!

I may get a Chromecast at some point but it seems a little limited at the moment when compared to the Raspberry Pi which is roughly the same price but can do waaaay more.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I quite like the WDTV live apart from not having airplay mirroring, 4)D or any up to date content on redbull.

Unfortunatelly my sky box uses the only HD (DVI) port on the TV so I’m limited to what I can do

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Apple TV vs. Smart TV’ is closed to new replies.