Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Apple OS X El Capitan out tomorrow – anyone care?
  • drlex
    Free Member

So, I’m guessing from the name, El Capitan, that it’s essentially just an update to Yosemite (El Capitan being in Yosemite, of course), rather than a brand new OS: Is that correct?

Yup; much like Lion > Mountain Lion and Leopard > Snow Leopard, it’s mostly about refinement. Worth noting the increasing similarity to iOS –
    “The subtle difference in El Capitan is that we’re actually seeing new features come to both iOS and OS X at the same time rather than existing on iOS first and then trickling down to the Mac later. Many of the biggest, most noticeable changes here are the same ones you saw in iOS 9 two weeks ago. The new Split Screen multitasking mode, tweaks to multitouch gestures, changes to services like Spotlight , and overhauled apps like Notes all fall into this category. Others, like System Integrity Protection, are merely iOS-inspired.”
    (from Ars Technica review – clicky)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Everything seems to be ok, running for a few days. Had some wifi dropouts yesterday but that’s not uncommon and usually bt router related. Can’t say I’ve noticed it’s faster overall

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers drlex.

I’ve just installed it, literally a few minutes ago. The first thing I’ve noticed is a new icon, top right, that seems to be for display preferences. The other thing, and I’m not sure if it’s my imagination, but the screen display looks a little more washed-out than before. Anyone else?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

All up and running now but far too early to see if it’s any different.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Does anyone know if you can revert to your previous OS via a time machine backup if you don’t like it?

Cheers.

mav12
    Free Member

Yes you can I have just done it

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks, but that begs the question why?

Cheers.

convert

Well, that was an underwhelming experience. You have to be a Mac nerd to know anything has happened!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mikey display preferences on top status bar came with Yosemite, always been a bit tempremental on my Mini sometimes there sometimes not

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Anyone else lost the ability to post to Facebook and Twitter from the Notifications thingummy?

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

I’ve completely lost the use of iTunes…. good job i backed up before i “upgraded”.

Seems that Apple have now taken the same mentality with their Mac OS as they have with iOS, which sucks…. balls.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Apple OS X El Capitan out tomorrow – anyone care?’ is closed to new replies.