Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Apple Music syncing from phone to Airbook issue
  • reeksy

Bought some choons on my iPhone (IOS16.3) through Music with my Appleid. They’re downloaded on the device.

It’s not showing up on my Airbook (OS10.15.7)

If I try to airdrop to the Mac it just links to a page to buy it again.

Any idea what is going on? I don’t have a Music subscription just bought it outright.

reeksy

Thanks… I had searched that but understood I needed a paid subscription to Music. Now stuck in a loop on the Mac where it asks me to merge the library, enable sync library, merge the library …

Sandwich

Fire up Music on the MacBook Air.

Log into the account on the Mac. (Authorise as necessary if asked, you can have up to 5 authorised devices)

Under the account option in Music select check for available downloads and you should be able to get your bangin’ choons on the MacBook

CountZero

Similar issue to one I have – I uploaded all my iTunes choons to the Cloud, then decided to subscribe to Apple Music. Most of the older uploads appeared in my Music Library, but quite a few remained greyed-out with a Cloud download icon. What needs to happen, apparently, is you need to connect the phone to the Mac, select the appropriate choons then sync.

Unfortunately, my Mac Mini seemed to have developed a problem and wouldn’t boot up, I had a lot going on so left it.

A mate has had a look and found it didn’t seem to have had a problem after all, so it’s back home, I’ve got to connect it all back up and go through the sync process and fingers crossed get the missing music onto my phone. Much of it I found more recent Lossless and recent remastered versions so just replaced them, but I’ve got quite a bit that there’s no replacement for. 🤞🏼

reeksy

No luck for me. I think it’s just because I don’t have a paid Music subscription.

Will make sure I buy through itunes store on the Mac in future and transfer files to the phone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.