Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Apple Music (formerly iTunes) query…
  • Jakester
    Free Member

Does anyone know why a newly-imported CD (yes, get me, properly up to speed with the 1990s..) won’t ‘drag’ across to a device such as iPhone or iPad in the ‘new’ Apple Music (i.e. iTunes)?

Phone is set to manually manage music.

Stuff already in music library (including CDs ripped within the last month) will drag over; only the newly-ripped CD won’t. Capacity isn’t an issue (38GB free on the iPhone).

It’s been a day or so since ripped the CD and all of app, phone and Mac have all been rebooted, in the case of the app at least ten times.

I’ve tried dragging using a cable and across WiFi. I’ve synced device multiple times.

T’interweb suggests reboots and opening and closing the app.

Nuffink works.

Short of nuking it from orbit with a frozen sausage, does anyone have any ideas? Irritating as it is, I would like to avoid leaving the walled garden if at all possible. Not a fan of streaming services either…

jimdubleyou

Wrong format rip that doesn’t play on iphone?

maccruiskeen

Try ripping another CD maybe and see if its tracks from that particular cd are the issue- at various points there have been attempts to include various DRM functions in the CDs to prevent them being ripped or to limit the number of times ripped file is passed on between devices. So it might be that particular CD has some rights management encoded in it thats causing things to misbehave.

Jakester
    Free Member

Wrong format rip that doesn’t play on iphone?

Hmm, it was ripped in iTunes/AM so unlikely…

So it might be that particular CD has some rights management encoded in it thats causing things to misbehave

Gosh, that takes me back! Will check that…

maccruiskeen

Gosh, that takes me back!

I know. I’m having flashbacks to the first slot loading iMacs and DRM that prevented computers from even registering the CD was present in the drive. So if you stuck a CD in you couldn’t eject it again 🙂

robvalentine

Are you on Catalina? If so iPhone management is done through finder…

slowoldman

I don’t normally drag and drop but I just tried it (MacBook Pro and Apple Music) and it works. So, er, I don’t know the answer.

Jakester
    Free Member

Are you on Catalina? If so iPhone management is done through finder…

Not if you manually manage music, it’s still done through iTunes/AM…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Apple Music (formerly iTunes) query…’ is closed to new replies.