Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Apple launch.. new iPhone time
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Using my X but found the screen easily scratched.

Wife broke her 7 plus :/ she would love the big screen X. Second time she has killed it.

Might just pay for the new screen.

Crazy how much we are spending on bikes and phones.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but thinking that 512GB might be overkill? Problem is the camera might fill the memory? I have a 128GB 6 and need to manage the storage

What do you actually store?

Do you back anything up or to the cloud? The £200 quid would probably be better spent on data charges, I’ve been using BBC Iplayer radio heavily this month and it’s hit me for 200mb so far.

Drac

Problem is the camera might fill the memory? I have a 128GB 6 and need to manage the storage

Use cloud storage and you’ll suddenly have loads of space.

twonks

I get mobiles free as part of work, so the below is not based on cost. Not sure if this helps or not.

Phone before last I went to android as I fancied a change after having a new iplop device every 3 years or so since they came out.

Hated android at first but wasn’t allowed to swap back, then grew to love it and the sense of freedom it has with apps and control (or just non Apple isms, if that’s a thing)

Didn’t get a choice this time and we all got Iplop X when they came out last year. Didn’t really like it too much after the android but thought i’d get used to it.

Haven’t really and it’s just an iphone now. Doesn’t slow down and does everything it should but, I don’t feel it is any more ‘special’ than an iplop 7 or 8 with the button.

Fingerprint security and a home button instead of faffing to close apps when they stop working would be nice again.

Basically, I don’t think I’d spend the money on a high end phone ever – android or otherwise – if I had to.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Corr blimey, when I was on the phone to EE they didn’t arf try n flog me a new iPad at the same time.. No real hard sell, but it weren’t arf a schpeal of large proportions..

My iPadAir is as new now as it was erm .. back then.

I’m looking forward to my X. It’s been a while and I’m a little excited.

🗿📱🕺🤩

TiRed

First Apple phone is my 8 plus. After 15 years of Blackberry use, I’m much less productive.  Typing is abysmal. At least three years with my Passport gave me practice in carrying something large!

have An iPad mini 4 because I was fed up with the apps only working properly in iOS. The 8+ does provide good webpage scaling, the mini does not

If I could run android on my passport I’d be happy. I’ll probably get Surface Pro or Go. Looks more mybthing than the iOS.

Clink

Yep, I wanted a new SE too.

mattyfez

I think we reached maximum phone about a year or two ago.

We are now in a position where a £300 phone is just as good as a £1000 phone for all intents and purposes. Maybe £400.

Not that there was any such thing as a 1k phone 2 years ago.

MrSmith
    Free Member

have to agree with mike there, what exactly can apple ecosystem offer thats not available on my android/ windows setups

emal/spotify/netflix/browsing all sync effortlessly

So basically there is a choice between 2 things that do something similar but in a slightly different way and then a few others than only a handful of people like?

so a bit like tomato sauce, brown sauce etc then?

nobody is forcing you to buy all of them, surely you just buy the one you like the taste of?

northernsoul

They have a relatively short shelf-life and even a good one will be almost completely obsolete within 5 years.

I still use my 3GS in the car as a bluetooth music player. Battery is still pretty good. Don’t plan to change my 6S until I have to – as others have said, there isn’t as much to gain by upgrading these days.

jam-bo

Xs ordered this morning from O2.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So basically there is a choice between 2 things that do something similar but in a slightly different way and then a few others than only a handful of people like?

……

nobody is forcing you to buy all of them, surely you just buy the one you like the taste of?

Not at all but claiming one is the only one that can interface with bacon, sausages and bread is more than a  little misleading

bikebouy
    Free Member

Boom!

Posting from a super quick iSHINEY 🤪👌

Cougar

Ah, time for the “how do you know when someone has an iPhone?” joke.

jekkyl

don’t worry they’ll tell you about it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A.vegan crosfitter just got the new iPhone….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, like I don’t understand.

Was that wit Cougs? Because blimey it passed me by.

The thread was a question about what upgrade I should get.. the whole point was was iPhone should I get.. y’no what iPhone should I get ??

I’m typing that out a few times because I’m not sure you understood the thread, and the question there in.

Some folks played nice and gave some decent comments, some took the piss (normal) and some went on to expand the original question.. awesome.

I just thought I’d update the thread for those thinking about major life decisions that choosing their next iPhone actually is.. a life decision, like life n deff.

Also the fact I ordered it yesterday lunchtime and it was delivered before lunch today.

I think that’s pretty cool TBH.

Boom!

jam-bo

See, this is more like what I was expecting from an iPhone thread.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just thought I’d update the thread for those thinking about major life decisions that choosing their next iPhone actually is.. a life decision, like life n deff.

Apologies bikebouy, as always our thoughts and prayers are with you in these difficult times, hope you can all pull through and nobody has to resort to robbing grannies to pay for their habit #StayStrong

bikebouy
    Free Member

Your support guides me throughout my journey, each step placed feels lighter the further I travel.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

And did you get a good deal?

Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Apple launch.. new iPhone time’ is closed to new replies.