Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Apple iphone warranty
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with apple warranty for already replaced products

had an iphone 4G for about a year before the battery was no longer holding its charge and was getting hot. Took it into the apple shop and they replaced and was left impressed with the customer service.

Now the replaced handset has developed the same issue, full charge running down in hours and it feeling hot- I guess its just under a year old so pretty disappointed that it has failed again so soon.

I think there is some EU consumer law that basically means companies have to warranty goods like this for 2 years but does this apply if ive already had a replacement? I vaguelly remember reading on the receipt that the replaced iphone only had a warranty of 100 days.

Jamie
    Free Member

Warranty replacements used to have 90 days cover. Not sure if this has changed.

highclimber
    Free Member

SoGA trumps any manufacturer warranty

Cougar

Before you go getting all legal, talk to Apple. Their customer service is pretty epic.

bigblackshed

Is it “fit for purpose”?

Back to Apple me thinks.

Jamie
    Free Member

Weird. Some of my post went missing.

Anyway, the missing bit was:

Warranty replacements used to have 90 days cover, or one year of the original warranty, whichever is longer.

Pop your serial number into the Apple warranty checker, and see what it says.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Apple iphone warranty’ is closed to new replies.