Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • appetite suppressants.
  • andybrad

thing is i ate at lunch (1pm) since then ive had a bottle of diet coke, half a liter of coffee a few biscuits a bottle of water and its only an hour and a bit since i ate.

im keeping busy but consistently hungry.

cokie

PUT DOWN THE BISCUITS. FFS.

Have a banana, apple, carrot, pear, salad bowl or *insert other fruit/veg*.

Why are buying biscuits and then complaining about your weight? What is so wrong with a healthy substitute?

Starting to think this is a troll.

bigblackshed

Diet Coke? I wonder why you never see thin people drink diet coke?

Try the apple mind game. If you’re hungry, eat an apple. Don’t fancy the apple? Then you’re not hungry.

Just MTFU and stop eating biscuits, FFS.

Earl
    Free Member

My neighbor is a ex military trainer.
    For new recruits he allows them to eat as much as they wanted of the following foods.

Chicken
    Cheese
    Bread
    Apples.

On day one – you can eat as much chicken as you want – nothing else.
    On day two – you can eat as much cheese as you want – nothing else.
    On day three – etc…

And repeat.

johndoh
    Free Member

but consistently hungry

No you are not, it’s habit.

johndoh
    Free Member

Try the apple mind game. If you’re hungry, eat an apple.

Did that today (with satsumas). Ate two.

creamegg
    Free Member

im keeping busy but consistently hungry weak

bikebouy
    Free Member

Apples ?

Yuk.

I’m not a huge fan of fruit in general. For some reason I get indigestion so haev really steered clear of it for the last 3-4 years. It’s a very rare occason I eat it.
    Although I had a few grapes on Sunday.

Cougar

im keeping busy but consistently hungry.

So what? See my previous post; it’s hunger, not a heart attack. Nothing will happen to you if you ignore it.

But if you keep feeding it biscuits whenever it shouts, it’ll keep expecting biscuits and round and round you go, getting bigger and greedier all the while with your appetite like a child who’s worked out that throwing a tantrum gets it its own way.

mrblobby
    Free Member

This thread is making me hungry.

darthshearer
    Free Member

This is a troll

Half a Litre of coffee and a bottle of diet coke. GTFO.

cokie

You know what you really want? Oero Pizza! Should keep you full for another hour.

eatplants
    Free Member

Don’t take any appetite suppressants , I used epidril (I think that was its name long time ago ) when tying to get cut early 90s , shakes heart palpitations , couldn’t sleep , lost fat like you wouldn’t belive but felling like I was going to have a heart attack not good .
    Go onto nutrition facts.org web and u tube look at some actual science ,the best way is to find a way of eating that you can sustain for the rest of your life , do not gamble with your life taking appetite supresants or fat burners people do die taking this sh*t

mrblobby
    Free Member

What sort of biscuits are we talking about here? Bad ones, or really bad ones?

Solo
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    have some snacks, nits (not covered in stuff)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, coated nits, nom, nom!

Cougar – Moderator
    so if you eat till you’re full you’re eating too much

Not really, the “full” response is the physiological mechanism to stop feeding and thus will always be the most effective control as that’s how people evolved to function.

Perhaps those being Vegan, Vegetarian, fruitarian, etc. Might consider/declare their choices while recommending certain behaviours.

cokie

Ohh, you’re in luck! If you order a Pizza from Dominos you can even get the Oero Pizza delivered. How about that! May as well get garlic bread too. Mmmmm..

Solo
    Free Member

cokie – Member
    PUT DOWN THE BISCUITS. FFS.

And Breath.

Starting to think this is a troll.

Yeap, me too.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Do they do it with a stuffed crust?

Cougar

Perhaps those being Vegan, Vegetarian, fruitarian, etc. Might consider/declare their choices while recommending certain behaviours.

Other than the fact you’re a monumental troll, why’s that then?

trail_rat
    Free Member

“so if you eat till you’re full you’re eating too much
    Not really, the “full” response is the physiological mechanism to stop feeding and thus will always be the most effective control as that’s how people evolved to function”

full is not a response. its a state of mind.

if i ate till i got a full response every meal – i could eat and eat and eat… id probably be the kind of guy that would manage man vs food challenge…

how ever i recognise that regardless of evolution – thats not a healthy way to exist- how ever looking around it seems that not everyone accepts that.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

What is this full response that people speak of? Does it change if you stretch your stomach by eating ridiculous amounts of food? Is there a difference between full and stuffed to bursting?

andybrad

yeah troll, you got me….. sorry im not as saintly as some of you lot.

To the other folks at least they are offering some discussion / help. thanks for that.

yes half a liter of coffee. my flask holds 500ml of filter coffee, i drink about 9 of these a day.

cokie

We’ve given you plenty of great advice and sound suggestions. Your response to this is that you just ate more biscuits and you’ve ignored all of the advice. How about engaging with the information that’s been given to you.

BillMC

jambalaya – Member
    have some snacks, nits (not covered in stuff)

like dandruff?

lemonysam
    Free Member

yes half a liter of coffee. my flask holds 500ml of filter coffee, i drink about 9 of these a day.

Blimey! That’s getting on 15 cups of coffee a day!

andybrad

is that not good?

darthshearer
    Free Member

You drink 4.5l of coffee a day? Does it contain sugar? I hope not because on coffee alone thats just mental.

I would see a doctor then a funeral director and try and get an early discount.

cokie

That’s a hell of a lot of Coffee. I’m surprised your not ill/dead/skinny if you drink that much.

Do you have milk and sugar in your coffee?

doris5000

sensible levels of caffeine: about three mugs of filter coffee per day – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15982904

(that’s if you don’t drink any coke or eat any chocolate)

Solo
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

Other than the fact you’re a monumental troll, why’s that then?

So, it’s like that. Forgive me if I don’t stoop to join you on that one. Stay classy.

trail_rat – Member

full is not a response. its a state of mind.

There is an endocrine mechanism in place that produces a sensation/physical response that most people commonly describe as feeling “full”.
    Of course, that isn’t literally full to the point of bursting, but that’s the point where the body currently has enough to be dealing with. At that point a hormonal response elicits the feeling/state of mind commonly described as ” feeling full”.

Of course this system can be compromised/corrupted by poor diet.
    Example? there have been posts earlier in the thread (not by me), suggesting that protein seems to make them feel full/satiated, for a longer duration between meals. This isn’t just anecdotal, protein takes longer to break down in the intestine, than fat or refined carbs. So, what you see is that food choices influence when our satiety/hunger mechanism/signal kicks in and for how long that feeling will last.

Eat food that is quickly and easily digestible and you’re likely to feel hungry again sooner than you would if your body was digesting something that took a greater duration of time to completely digest.

Therefore, whether you eat protein (especially that sourced from animals), fat, refined carbs, or any combination thereof. Those food choices will influence your perception of when satiety is reached, etc.

So, select the correct foods and your body should respond accordingly.

Or you can just call me names.

how ever looking around it seems that not everyone accepts that.
    No problem with genuine disagreement.

andybrad

No sugar. But milk.

I have an espresso in the morning followed by 3 flasks of filter coffee. The rest is instant.

I do think I need to cut down a little tho as I can get headaches at weekends

johndoh
    Free Member

What you are experiencing sounds like simple gluttony. You just put to much in your mouth.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I find it handy to have lots of healthy food about. I’ll starve rather than eat that crap!

Cougar

So, it’s like that. Forgive me if I don’t stoop to join you on that one.

On reflection, that was uncalled for. Apologies, I’m having a bad day.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Well according to this there are 15 calories per hundred ml of milky coffee. That’s 675 calories just on coffee.

Cougar

my flask holds 500ml of filter coffee, i drink about 9 of these a day.

Switch to decaf. Erm, and do it gradually! You might find that getting some sleep helps with controlling your weight.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not reading all this, but:

No sugar. Sugar messes with your appetite really badly, and according to the bloke on telly the other day, interferes with the body’s fat regulation system. I can well believe that.

Caffeine

Flax oil (try it)

darthshearer
    Free Member

Almost 8 pints of coffee 😆 Get on man

So an hour after lunch you had 500ml of coffee, a bottle of coke, sorry, diet coke (300ml?) AND a bottle of water?

So you are now saying, you’re drinking circa 6.5l of fluids a day AND you’re still hungry?

Dude, see a doctor, you need a band

mrblobby
    Free Member

Molgrips, I really don’t think the OP needs more caffeine 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

Not reading all this, but:

No sugar. Sugar messes with your appetite really badly, and according to the bloke on telly the other day, interferes with the body’s fat regulation system. I can well believe that.

Caffeine

Flax oil (try it)

Sometimes, reading the thread helps…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘appetite suppressants.’ is closed to new replies.