Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • App for logging car ODB11 info
  • Ogg

So looks like plugging in a bluetooth odb11 widget into the car will allow me to log whats going on – anybody used any Android apps to do this? do they store the info to look at afterwards?

toofarwest

Torque, used it a lot when I had the Citroen but not so much with the Volvo as I’ve never seen the EML come on with this one.
    Can read and erase fault codes as well as look at live data, I’ve not used the data logging yet though.

monkeychild
    Free Member

What car?

Ogg

Honda civic, had a intermittent fault (with no fault codes) that Dealer has said they (think) have fixed but wanted to log stuff just in case it happens agains.

squirrelking
    Free Member

+1 for Torque

What age of Civic?

eskay

Another +1 for torque.

sadexpunk

id never heard of this before so had a quick google. bluetooth adaptors that plug into diagnostics sockets at around £6 on amazon??

so….. am i right in thinking the diagnostics machine/software that my mate spent well over £100 on is now available to us all on an android app?
    screenshot, upload to the internet experts (or ‘singletrackworld’ as theyre better known as :-)) for their perusal and advice?

does this app remove/fix faults too?

thanks

RustyNissanPrairie

Torque, used it a lot when I had the Citroen but not so much with the Volvo as I’ve never seen the EML come on with this one.

for volvo’s you need VIDA/DICE, and for fault codes – do the following;
    http://mr-fix.info/volvo-hidden-menu-dtc-check/

(although you’ll probably regret doing so!)

squirrelking
    Free Member

Cheap Chinese ELM clones can be had for buttons, yes, but you pay for that with slow speeds and the possibility of dodgy boards that could go on fire if plugged in too long.

For £100 odd you would be looking at a decent module with software, add another ton for advanced software that decodes manufacturer specific stuff and airbags.

But yes, for relatively little outlay you can get a module and app that will cover the basics.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘App for logging car ODB11 info’ is closed to new replies.