Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • App for directions for running and cycling on an Apple Watch
  • lunge

Hi all,
    My wife has a Apple Watch and would like to be able to follow directions in the same was as I can on my Garmin Forerunner.
    She downloads the routes from Strava or Garmin Connect but needs an app to follow them on, doesn’t need to be proper maps, breadcrumbs are fine.
    Any suggestions?

jam-bo

outdooractive was pretty good at turn by turn directions and warnings if off course, but if you wanted to also log the data to apple heath & strava didnt seem to pass it all over correctly.

the whole track was there in the outdooractive app and you could export a gpx and do it manually but that was a pain.

lunge

Bump.
    Any ideas?

DickBarton

Her nose? Very unconventional in this day and age where people seem to need to follow directions, but it has always ended up resulting in some cracking routes being found…saves a constant look at the watch as well.

silasgreenback

Sad to say it….go back to garmin! I got sick of the apple watch limitations on mapping and navigation. Bought a fenix and never looked back!

Komoot on apple watch or even apple maps for the map but routing is problematic.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve not used it but there must be hundreds of apps for this.

Run Go is one I’ve heard of, I’ve never used it. If I was using the cellular Apple Watch (so I could leave my phone behind), having GPS nav would be great!

lunge

Her nose? Very unconventional in this day and age where people seem to need to follow directions, but it has always ended up resulting in some cracking routes being found…saves a constant look at the watch as well.

This has been mentioned, it’s what I do, but she doesn’t work like that. She likes a route to follow so she knows exactly where she’s going and where to go next. There’s also the “lone woman running at night” factor where she doesn’t want to get lost in the wrong area. Just her preference and who am I to argue?

Sad to say it….go back to garmin!

Indeed, but having spend £££ on this watch she wants to use it.

Run Go is one I’ve heard of

This looks promising, thanks, I’ll investigate further.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

I’ve used workoutdoors in the past – sent gpx files from the iPhone app to my watch and followed them.

http://www.workoutdoors.net

spannermonkey

2nd for WorkOutDoors

£4.99 lifetime purchase, uploads to strava and Apple health etc

Also gives “Garmin-esqe” maps with detailed map traces of elevation, heart rate, pace etc

oldtennisshoes

When I flirted with an iWatch instead of a Garmin, workoutdoors was the best app that I tried for that.
    I’m better now.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

3rd for Workoutdoors it’s the only outdoors and fitness app you need for Apple Watch.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘App for directions for running and cycling on an Apple Watch’ is closed to new replies.