• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by colp.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Apartment in the Alps pipedream/wonderings
  • yoshimi

Looking at the money I put into my pension – I’ve been wondering about buying some sort of Studio/1bed apartment type thing in somewhere like Morzine / Leogang etc

Very early stages but I have no idea where to start looking for info – just understanding the buying process in general in diffrent counties – their version of Rightmove etc – can anyone point me in the right direction where I might be able to get some? May well not happen depending what I find out, but definitely want to look into it in some detail – cheers

beanum

Here are a couple of search engines for France:

“immobilier-france”
    “immostreet”

Assuming you don’t speak French fluently, here is a glossary of real estate terms in French
    “glossary”

Stoner
    Free Member

yoshimi

I’ve gone through this (twice). We have two small studios just outside Morzine.
    Drop me a pm if you have specific qus. There’s too much to dump in a post.
    The French-property site beanum has linked to is very helpful.

as are these girls
    http://www.francepropertyangels.com/

yoshimi

Brilliant – thanks guys…….rest of my afternoon will be spent reading:)

Stoner, I’ll definitely pick your brain at some point over the coming weeks – I’m coming at this from a standing start and don’t know anyone that’s done it so a lot to digest – sort of seems a no-brainier, but that all depends, no doubt they’ll be a few things I hadn’t realized as I look into it more

colp

Hey Danny, only just saw this.

You’ll potentially get better value in Austria depending where you buy. There’s not much for sale in Leogang itself right now, I know of a house split into 2 apartments (about 180m2 total) that’s up for about 450,000 Euros.
    Look at Saalfelden 10 mins down the road, it’s a decent sized town and there’ll be more for sale, big thing in Austria though is getting a place with the right permissions, you need full zweitwohnsitz – 2nd home permission to use it how you like, rent it or not, live there or not.

If you want to have a stay in ours let me know, we’re 15 mins from Leogang in Maria Alm.

Do some google searches for immobilien leogang, saalfelden, zell am see etc
    Also try haus kaufen in those areas.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Apartment in the Alps pipedream/wonderings’ is closed to new replies.