Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Apalling, patronising ****
  • rj
    Free Member

I’ve heard the BBCs argumentd about how they have to massively overpay ‘the talent’, but having seen Joe Wiley and Zane Lowe patronise Mark Radcliffe on their Glastonbury coverage I’m thinking, for that amount of money we could have them killed. Awful, smug, clueless, self important ****!

colnagokid

Radcliff/ Lauren are by far far the best on the glasto presentaion, but probly not ‘down with th ekids’ enough
    Edith/ Reggie were a total joke, ok for blue peter, but I dont want to watch’em

coatesy
    Free Member

Did you honestly expect anything else from Radio 1 presenters?

ton

radio 1 is total bollax………
    radio 2 is where it is at…………….. 8)

johnners
    Free Member

Radio 4 FTW

fisha
    Free Member

Radio 2 …. if only they would give that patronising ignorant boot who’s on before terry the shove. Oh, and bin the organ music and sunday late night rubbish, it would be perfect.

Jamie
    Free Member

Its all about BBC6 Music…well with the exception of George Lamb.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yup, Radio 4 + ipod for music is all you need 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

We need Peel back 😥

mamadirt
    Free Member

You’re all wrong – Rocket 95.1 is the future . . . go Fish!!!

Edith and Reggie at Glasto??? What??? Aren’t they the equivalent of Ed stupot Stewart’s Sat am Junior Choice (sorry . . . showing my age now 😳 )

Pigface
    Free Member

I think Radcliffe is ace, listened since “out on blue 6” but he tries a bit to hard on telly.

Gave up on Glasto last night due to the awful presenting and content, Jack Pinate was dire, Ting Tings are a poor one trick pony and Lady Ga Ga is a 3rd rate Madonna and I hate her. **** I am getting old.

Specials were ok but Terry Hall is a miserable sod.

stugus
    Free Member

6 music rocks! Especially George Lamb!!

Shack
    Free Member

Zane Lowe, man, dude, yeah, cool. The most annoying **** on radio and now o telly too. Dire

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Radio One = London idiots.

sockpuppet

Radio 4 = worth license fee alone.

Mark Radclife = ace. Fancy a brew?

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

6 Music, John Richardson all the way…..!!!!

brakes
    Free Member

miserable sods

remember the catchphrase of the great man himself…

musn’t grrrrumble

kimbers

george lamb sucks donkey balls

that is all

psling
    Free Member

Only if you watch on TV could this really matter. I went a couple of times in mamadirt’s time ( 😉 😉 ) and I can’t even remember who I saw performing. Vaguely remember someone sliding into what they called toilets in those days. That was apalling. And **** … 😆

Trekster

are all those “acts/bands” as bad live/whenyou are actually stood there in the mud?

Never been to a “rock” concert so have no idea if any of them are any good “live/syncing/miming”

Tommy Jardine on Westsound radio, the mans mad

rad6 when in the house CD, Rad1 & Westsound in car

amosridl
    Free Member

Adam and Joe’s spots have been good so far.

They’re always worth a chuckle on Saturday mornings too.

kimbers

frak me there is some insipid feature on glastonbury chic onn bbc2 now

it sums up all that has gone wrong with this festival, its full of middle class posh kids and overpaid IT/ city boy 30somethings with huge bags of coke and egos out the arse

its all because radio 1 especially has turned it into some kind of national coolfest thats become uber trendy and a must do in our celeb worshiping vacuous excuse for a culture

compare this to back in the day, over 50% jumped the fence travelers hippys, everywhere off their nuts on acid and extasy feelin love for everyone- the dance tent is a pathetic joke compared to the rave scene days, scallys and students, folkies a true cross section of alternative society ok it was dangerously overcrowded tents got robbed (but no one had iphones then anyway) and the toilets -whoooaaa!
    but it was an amazing eyepopping mind expanding experience

and trekster a live gig at a festival, the size and atmos of the crowd the mistakes the little bits they add in its so much more than listening to it on your ipod

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Love BBC 6.
    Went to Glasto in 2000, I only remember Cyprus Hill and David Bowie. My brother got all his stuff nicked. Its over rated, smaller festivals are better.
    ATP is the best festival in the world, so civilised, is it wrong of me to want to sleep in a chalet and watch bands indoors? You can cook your own meals in a kitchen, unlike Glasto wear you get charged about 10 quid for some crap noodles whilst watching middle class kids puke up cause they have taken mushrooms for the first time.
    Sorry im ranting.
    ATP rules!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m sorry, did any of you ever listen to Mark & Lard on Radio 1? Its one redeeming feature was it got me into listening to my own CD’s rather than the radio on the way home from school!

Appart from him (an possiby Moyles) is it just me getting old and outgrowing Radio1, or is it more and more being aimed at 13year olds?

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Zane Lowe is a Grade 1 tit. Jo whiley is worse.Have some dinity woman!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

TINAS; Mark and Lard were qualitage. I stopped listening to R1 after they left. They were followed by that useless tw4t Moyles; God I coon’t stand his show, with all his sycophantic **** ‘crew’.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Everytime I hear Chris Moyles I think “Are you really the best there is?” Uberc***.

Really upset the weather is good at glastonbury 🙁 WIsh I was there

ooOOoo
    Free Member

kimbers good rant there. I reckon it changed a lot when it turned into an internet lottery. How many crusties are up at 9 on their laptops?? Sell the tickets in shops again!

CountZero

Trekster – Member
    are all those “acts/bands” as bad live/whenyou are actually stood there in the mud?
    Never been to a “rock” concert so have no idea if any of them are any good “live/syncing/miming”

So you really don’t like music very much, then. I guess you record collection consists of a few Best Of’s bought when Woolies closed down and some freebies given away with Sunday papers. My concert going started in 1973, the best year was when I went to thirty nine concerts, and I still average one a month at least, recently managing four in seven days. None of those people mime, Britney being one who does, and nothing comes close to seeing a band like Metric in a 450 capacity venue, the lead singer working her ass off sweating in front of a crowd loving every second of it, especially when she’s on the front of the stage inches away from you. Try getting your miserable ass off your couch and away from your tv or your Wii and actually try some real music. You never know, you might learn something from the experience.

kimbers

heres a festival i recomend

a week in budapest anyone?

http://www.szigetfest.co.uk/programme

baa
    Free Member

Agree with kimbers, to me the point was to get away from everything,
    not wash, keep the same clothes on, get out of it. Lots of drugs and beer.
    Oh and see some bands

izakimak
    Free Member

wiley’s probably still pissed at radcliffe and riley coz they used to call her the hairytoed she beast during handover’s back in the day.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Loulabella – i only went in 2000 and I slept right thru david bowie!!

wonnyj
    Free Member

oh and i quite like zane lowe’s energy but yeah he speaks so much crap.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Apalling, patronising ****’ is closed to new replies.