Apaches over Notts

Home Forum Chat Forum Apaches over Notts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Apaches over Notts
  • wysiwyg

Not appeared on any trackers, low, heading towards Sheff..

Premier Icon kilo

It was a bit unnerving a few minutes ago when a chinook started hovering low over Vauxhall, normally they just fly through the area. Fortunately no one started fast roping out of it and it went after a bit.

Picking up spooks for a spot of uppity arab hunting in Syria?

Driving up the A1 and A19 (North Yorks) you often see Apaches. A few times I’ve noticed the are flying perfectly along side you but a few hundred meters away. A bit of target practice?

Two a penny in this part of Northumberland ..but then we are close to Otterburn Camp & Range ..similarly Andy 8442 you wouldn’t be too far away from Catterick Camp & RAF Leeming ..

Rules of the air say that aircraft following a road should keep it on the left

68. Right-Hand Traffic Rule. The handling pilot of an aircraft which is flying within
    the UK in sight of the ground and following a road, railway, canal or coastline, or any
    other landmarks, is recommended to keep such a line of landmarks on his left, except
    where promulgated locally or when acting upon instructions given by the appropriate
    ATC unit.

I see them now and again near me as they come in and out of Chilwell Barracks sometimes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.