Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anywhere who does DH bikes or such like as demo bikes?
  • Losidan
    Free Member

So,
    after chatting the other week with a sales chap at my local overpriced showroom I was under the impression they let out Giant Glory as a weekend demo bike.

Turned out not..so is anyone aware of a shop in the west yorkshire area that does?

Doesnt have to be that model but something DH orientated or alternatively something along the Trek Remedy or Commencal Meta lines.

Thanks ahead

rhid

I know this isn’t that much help but Antur Stiniog are doing KTM AM and DH bikes for hire. Is that something useful to you?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A demo bike or a hire bike? I think you’d have to go looking arround somewhere with more of a DH ‘scene’, like Wales, I think Don Skeene and Pearce did.

Northwind

Sounds like a trip to innerleithen alpine bikes is called for 😉

tomhoward

Pretty sure stif have demo remedys.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Sounds like a trip to innerleithen alpine bikes is called for

This. They’ve got at least one proper DH bike plus a few different Enduro/AM type bikes for demo/posh hire.

Bit of a trek for you but maybe worth it just to ride the trails at inners.

scruff
    Free Member

Im sure the shop near cwmcarn had rental DH bikes.

gonzy
    Free Member

bikepark wales rents out the following bikes:
    trek remedy 9 29; remedy 9 27.5; slash 8; slash 8 27.5; session 8; session 88; session 9.9
    prices range from £40/half day to £65/ full day for the remedy, to £55/half day to £100/ full day for the session 9.9

jairaj

Any one nearby sell Transition bikes? The UK distributor Surf Sales can send out demo bikes to your local store.

I demoed a Bandit for a couple days before I decided it was awesome and got one 🙂

legend
    Free Member

For £900 you can have an infinite number of demo days on mine 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£100/ full day

Therein lies the problem with demo DH bikes, they take a lot of stick, whereas an XC bike getting negligable wear in a day.

sharkattack

I know Scott have demo Gamblers. Maybe try your local Scott dealer and see if they can get you one in.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere who does DH bikes or such like as demo bikes?’ is closed to new replies.