• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anywhere to download books free / cheap
  • onandon
    Free Member

thanks

nickjb
    Free Member

Amazon will do a 30 day trial of their library. Maybe half of all books they sell can be ‘borrowed’ for free. I think it’s £7 a month after that. Great service for free, might be worth paying for some. I used to download some guide books and plane reading for a recent big trip to the states. Worked well

Kelliesheros
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

If you just want something to read, there’s tons of stuff on Amazon for 99p.  I got the complete works of Jules Verne for example, I think it was 99c actually.

docgeoffyjones

Usually just Google the title with free download on the end. If you can find a PDF you can convert it using calibre.

sockpuppet

Try your local library website, lots loan ebooks (& audiobooks too) for free, legal too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Local library

midlifecrashes

Our local library is free, and gives you free access to BorrowBox and Cloud Library eBooks service. Ancestry and Freegal music downloads too. If you want up to date stuff free and legit.

CraigW
    Free Member

eReaderIQ will let you find free stuff on Amazon Kindle. Though most of it seems to be rubbish. https://uk.ereaderiq.com/freebies/

rene59
    Free Member

Has Amazon stopped doing the 100 top kindle bestsellers lists?

Used to be able to filter this between top 100 paid and top 100 free. Could get some good books in the free section.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

sent you a pm

darkplunger
    Free Member

As above, local library service. You can access ebooks and audio books for free via their website, once your signed up.

DezB
    Free Member

I get daily emails from Bookbub – gives you a list of cheap Kindle offers every day. Can set the genres you want to get alerted about, weekly, daily etc. I’ve bought so many books, I’ll never get around to reading them all 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere to download books free / cheap’ is closed to new replies.