• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by PJay.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anything out there like a Thunder Burt
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

A mate recommended Thunder Burts for my new 29er Wheelset that I’m having built up but they come in 2.1 which is too big for my Salsa Vaya frame (700×50) so think they will not fit.

Anything else out there like a Thunder Burt but in 1.9

As much as getting out is difficult at the moment as I’m my wife’s carer but hoping for a quick spin out if I can get someone to look after her

reggiegasket
    Free Member

WTB Nine line is close, in termso tread design. A bit toothier but still rolls pretty fast.

They do 2.25 and 2.0 sizes and my 2.25 comes in just under 2.2 on my rims, so the 2.0 may also be a tad under the stated width.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cher think a WTB Resolute might just be the job

reggiegasket
    Free Member

The 42mm Resolute comes up a smidge under 40mm. A mate has some on his Bokeh

nedrapier

Conti race king has bigger knobs, but plenty of them in the centre, so it’s pretty quick. 2.0 and rounder, less shouldery than the TB. TB is marginal in my forks, but lots more room in there with the 2.0 Race Kings.

fudge9202
    Free Member

@reggiegasket how does your mate rate them?

@nedrapier
    must have a look at Continental, loved the black chilli versions when I had them on my transition and horse thief

reggiegasket
    Free Member

yeah he likes them. They look good in tan too. Not as big as the TB though, obviously, so suit a gravel bike setup rather than a rigid 29er, like I ride.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers for that reggiegasket

PJay
    Free Member

WTB’s Riddler 45C don’t look dissimilar to Thunder Burts but they’re a little narrower than 1.9″.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anything out there like a Thunder Burt’ is closed to new replies.