Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anything considerably better than Five Ten Freerider Pro?
  • spaniardclimber
    Free Member

I need to replace my pros, but before getting another set I was wondering if there is anything nicer at the same price point?

robo89
    Free Member

No

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

No , best shoes out there .

samuelr
    Free Member

I prefer my new north wave clan over my previous 5:10.

chevychase

I wish 5:10s were basically my Merrell walking shoes with their stealth rubber.

5:10’s are pretty bloody awful on all the metrics apart from the most important one: sticking to flats. But in every other measure my walking shoes win hands down – they look better, they’re (way) more comfortable, they’re cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter (considerably so – combo of them + brigdale socks and I’ll happily hike for 8 or 9 hours in deep snow), they never stink after wearing them for a solid week and, importantly, they dry out overnight (whereas unless they’re propped upside down on radiators and/or stuffed full of newspaper my 5:10s can hold onto water for more than a week).

There’s absolutely a gap in the market for much better quality.

joebristol

No there isn’t really. Unless you prioritise quicker drying over grip –
    I’m which case there is.

I have some Adidas terrex for bad weather flats – but they just don’t grip as well as my freeriders.

spaniardclimber
    Free Member

Many thanks for the replies.
    The Clans seem to get good reviews, might give them a try!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

£72 on crc, as others have said I wish mine were as warm as my climaproof terrex tivid Boots 3 rides with just a merino sock and I’ve come home with warm and dry feet.

New five ten terrex trail cross high top release is imminent according to an enduro mag article oct2019

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anything considerably better than Five Ten Freerider Pro?’ is closed to new replies.