Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anything better than Topeak Smart Gauge?
  • funkmasterp

I’m on my second one and it has started fibbing to me just like the first one did. Tells me I have 16psi in the front and 22psi in the rear. Slightly suspicious given how firm they both are and my analogue pump showing over 30psi in both.

Tried changing the batteries and using the pressure release button. Still showing 16 and 22. Don’t want to purchase another one really. Anything else worth looking at?

Speeder

I like the look of the Fumpa Pump one but can’t vouch for it at all.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I’ve had issues with battery and screen fade from the D2 but not noticed an inaccurate or suspicious reading.

funkmasterp

Second one that’s started giving daft readings. Reluctant to buy another one.

funkmasterp

Fumpa pump is a compressor, don’t need one. Just need a gauge but thanks for the input.

b33k34

AccuGuage is easier to read and seems more reliable.

Issue is they all get wrecked by tyre jizz. I’ve got a £10 low pressure gauge 0-60psi fitted to a SKS rennkompressor pump. Because there’s a long hose between the valve and the gauge it’s still reading accurately after a few years.

joebristol

I’ve had the Sks air-checker a few years and it’s been good so far.

I previously had a lifeline one that didn’t last very long before it went haywire so I’d avoid that one.

funkmasterp

Cheers all, I’ll give the SKS a look.

oceanskipper

Always use your finger to tap the valve a few times once it’s open to blast out any sealant before fitting the gauge. Only fit the gauge once no more sealant sprays out onto your finger.

weeksy

SKS here after recommendations on here. Works a treat

devash
    Free Member

Always use your finger to tap the valve a few times once it’s open to blast out any sealant before fitting the gauge. Only fit the gauge once no more sealant sprays out onto your finger.

This. The Topeak ones seem to go haywire when they get jizz inside them (ooh errr missus!).

andybrad

had a few over the years including the top peak that sits somewhere. **** useless.

the oxford digital pressure gauge that ive had since they first came out is still the best imo

martinhutch

SKS here after recommendations on here. Works a treat

Looked at that online, and it said it has a maximum rating of 140psi, which is fine for tyres, but not so much for shocks?

Tracey

SKS for me, its a double check on the digital floor pump. Only use it for tyres. I have a digital pump for forks and shock.

Speeder

funkmasterp
    Fumpa pump is a compressor, don’t need one. Just need a gauge but thanks for the input.

AHEM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.