• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anything better than Music Magpie
  • uponthedowns
    Free Member

Got some DVDs and CDs to move on with as little hassle as possible. Anything better than Music Magpie?

holdsteady

The re-sale value for DVDs and CDs is dreadful these days, and Music Magpie will give you very little. For the amount of effort involved selling them yourself you are probably better off giving majority to charity and selling any rare ones via Ebay, Amazon or Discogs for Cds. Alternatively do a car boot sale. Last few 2nd hand DVDs I’ve bought via Amazon sellers, the p&p was more than DVD price (34p + £1.28 p&p)

hs125
    Free Member

We got rid of a load to music magpie. It didn’t earn us a fortune, but a some money for not too much hassle, and no quibbles. There were a few which surprised us as being worth more than we thought, so it is worth adding what may seem like complete rubbish to you to the list. Not loads of money but a few quid for a kids song from the 00’s rather than the 10p I’d have thought it was worth.

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Anything that Music Magpie offers more than £1 for is worth looking up individually on eBay or Discogs. There is a reason they are offering more than 20-25p.

I put a load on Music Magpie and one CD in particular stood out at £3. Sold it on ebay for £55.

Even some they offered 50p for fetched £5 to £6 on eBay.

billytinkle
    Free Member

I made a list and put my DVD’s up for £1 each at work on the notice board. Lots of interest and sold half within a week which is more than music magpie or cex would give me for the lot.

everyone
    Free Member

Put a list up here! If you’ve got any good CDs I might take them

cinnamon_girl

Post up here please. 🙂

Kuco

I used Music Magpie and was surprised with 2 Voided cd’s got £5 each when I thought i’d be lucky to get a pound. Thought about looking up to see what I could get for them but couldn’t be bothered.

Music Magpie is designed for lazy people like me who can’t be bothered to look up what things are worth and then list them but just want shot of them for the least amount of hassle involved.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anything better than Music Magpie’ is closed to new replies.