Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anything as good as a Bodum Mug that will fit in a car cup holder?
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Morning all,

First world problems.. my Vito cup holder won’t hold my nice Bodum coffee mug for my commute.

Any solutions that don’t involve buying a car/van with a bigger cup holder available?

Can’t stand the flimsy cheap travel mugs!

andyl
    Free Member

Camelbak have some interesting looking ones.

franksinatra

Contigo Byron travel mug from Tesco. Cheap, solid, can be carried as a flask as doesn’t leak, good size, fits most cup holders.

Only issue is that it keeps things too hot, make tea at 8am and it will still burn your mouth at 11am.

sofaking
    Free Member

i use one of these in the car. nice easy one handed operation

Kooyi Vacuum Insulated Travel Coffee Mug, One-handed Open and Drink, 100% Leak Proof (Black)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yeti Rambler.

Dishwasher safe, keeps hot for an age, simply great piece of kit.

joshvegas
    Free Member

one-click cup on amazon*.

fits in all cupholders i’ve tried.

can be drunk from 360 degrees along the rim.

drinks like a cup.

if its shut it holds things hot for hours.

might be other alternitve shops.

edit: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FHSPRLQ/ref=asc_df_B01FHSPRLQ58090846/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B01FHSPRLQ&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309929956514&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8539624054695200237&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007382&hvtargid=pla-557266781221

its the “torch” on as i now realise one click cup is the brand.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

‘nother vote for the Contigo here. Often have to leave the sipping sral open in order to be able to drink the contents before best meal.

Plus they cling to a vehicle roof to a remarkable velocity and when the do fall off, ping off the kerb into the next vehicle’s wheel and rattle around the gutter for a while, they do so without spilling a drop.

twosheds
    Free Member

Greggs do a neat cup. Fits in the car cup holder and iirc you get a discount when you use it….

plus-one
    chilled76
    Free Member

That Byron looks like a rip off of the Bodum ones. Unlikely to fit I think. Cheers for all the suggestions.

nickthegreek
    Free Member

Use an empty Mcdonalds coffee cup in the cup holder, then put your Bodum in that. Works in a Skoda where the cup holders are too small for a thermal mug.

phil5556

Bodum Travel Mug, Stainless Steel, Petrol https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ZPORTC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kwYqCbFMQ9YHW

We use these, fits fine in standard cup holder and keeps drink hot for ages.

Isn’t totally sealed so does spill if you turn it upside down

jakd95
    Free Member

https://www.google.com/search?q=stanley+adventure+vacuum+mug+8oz&oq=stanley+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j69i60j35i39j0l2.2793j0j7&client=ms-android-h3g-gb-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I use this, slim enough to fit in the narrow cupholders in the work van, also fully turn-it-upside-down-and-shake-it leak proof. Bonus is that it fits perfectly in a bottle cage too.

alric
    Free Member

bodum ones are cheap in m= that store that does everything good brands cheap-
    and just been in tesco, £2 for their steel travel mug but i dunno if its any good but should fit your cupholders
    Also got a thermos cafe food flask 500ml for £4

cromolyolly
    Free Member

We have a number of the Contigo snapseal/autoseal mugs and never had a problem fitting any of them into a cupholder.

The Contigo website gives dimensions for the mugs. The Byron is 2.75″ “wide” (diameter, I assume).

Lummox

Anyone know of a proper adapter (props to the Maccy d’s suggestion) for fitting the larger mugs to the small cup holders?

I’ve got lots of decent thermal mugs etc but they don’t fit the galaxy kiddie skip

luket

My newer (I have 2) contigo mug is a bit big for my (mondeo) cup holder but it does its job very well indeed, so I would look up the dimensions but if they work then I’d be very happy with the brand.

Drac
    wwpaddler
    Free Member

Have a look at the Tefal travel mugs. Keeps drinks hot for ages and seems pretty slim so should fit your cup holder.

nickthegreek
    Free Member

It should be noted that the KFC coffee cup also makes a fine receptacle for a thermal mug but Mrs thegreek keeps banning me from going there “for my own good” I have to push the MCD’s cup holder again as doing a grand job.
    Anyone tried a costa cup? A tad expensive way to get around the problem though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anything as good as a Bodum Mug that will fit in a car cup holder?’ is closed to new replies.