Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • anyone working?
  • ton

i am sat in a cold warehouse, dealing with sad penny pinching miserly customers, who did not have the foresight to buy a extra aerial/camera/roll of cable/box of clips.

i know they pay my wage…..but ffs… 😡

tiggs121
    Free Member

Not me – teacher on a well earned break!

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Yeah; 1430-2300!! Then 3 ½ days off! 🙂

sandwicheater

Well, I’m at work but I wouldn’t call it working.

Currently investigating the perfect stuffing recipe.

Vortexracing

yip, but I’m going to do a runner at 12:30. sod em!!!!

how you doing big lad?

stumpy01

I’m working. Would have liked to have had holiday, but didn’t have any left after getting married this year and taking quite a large chunk of holiday in one hit for that….

Don’t mind though as the roads were dead getting in, it’s pretty relaxed here and my wife is having to work as well.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Today, tomorrow, the next day, the one after that, etc……… 😐

jekkyl

Not me, I put my daughter into her nursery and went back to bed, still there now. Occasionally the wife comes in and moans about doing all the wrapping, it’s just white noise.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes but in the loosest possible sense of the word

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve just laid the last of today’s big project of ten slabs, now washed out and deciding when to phone the boss to tell him work is complete. Too early may result in “another job” cropping up which is not what we want! 👿

samuri
    Free Member

I’m in work but I’m not doing very much work. Mostly I’ve been writing up a list of things I will be doing in work over christmas.

Whether I get round to doing any of them today is debatable.

I think I’ll nip down the supermarket later tonight to get the christmas booze in.

ton

vortex, i am good Dave..thanks for asking…how are you?

woody2000

Yes, but do not confuse “at work” with “working” 🙂

monkeychild
    Free Member

I am “attending”, I’ve wrapped the Mrs presents, eaten a mince pie and I’m off for a run in a bit. I will mostly be finishing after that and on holiday until Jan 6th 😀

Vortexracing

yes but in the loosest possible sense of the word

No change from the rest of the year eh ?

😉

doing OK Ton, same old same old.

looking forward to the break, i’ll tell ya that much

Houns

Day off today and tomorrow (only because I got someone to take my shifts) but in every day after until NYE

smudge
    Free Member

Yep,
    working here.. Interlink are deliverying tomorrow so orders up to 2ish will be shipped out via them instead off RM.

binners

Technically? Yes.
    Practically? Not really, no.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah but I’ve already finished everything that needed doing today so just waiting around to see if they can find anything extra for me to do. Will probably get to leave early. I’ll take an extended lunch break and bring back a load of mince pies to share for the afternoon I reckon 🙂

mightymule
    Free Member

Well, I am in the office.

Although the absence of students is making today a much nicer day than usual!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

anyone working?

Well, I’m on here all the time so, yeah… 😐

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Yep, the next week is much like the last week except there’ll be a poorly cooked roast dinner in the middle of it.

kcal

Yep, putting together software demo for my boss to run next week. It’s not so bad, but trying to recall what the software did after a couple of years is the hardest part!

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’m in the office – thus far today I’ve opened visual studio, hit the “build project” button and opened a page in chrome.

I’m now pondering where to go for lunch.

jimmy

I’m in the office reading this. Take as you will.

Tiger6791

Heavily monitoring

STW &
    Twitter

while typing some internet shizzle proposal 😀

“We recommend the use of Drupal 7 as a CMS platform as it’s………”

spawnofyorkshire

i’m here in body, but not in spirit.

I’ve spent a bit of time on Deadspin this morning, now catching up with STW.
    This afternoon will be spent researching what walking route me and my buddy should do during his half-term break

RustySpanner

Yup.
    Finish at 9.15 tomorrow morning.
    Back in on Friday, so happy with that.

36 hour shift over New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day though.
    Not looking forward to it.

ski
    Free Member

My shift starts at 3pm, 8hrs of warehouse fun, not looking forward to cycling in though!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I’m in work but actually working on a few personal projects. 😀

ell_tell
    Free Member

Yep. Although I would say I’m in work rather than doing work!

In tomorrow then a lovely 2 hr drive down the M5 to see the parents for Xmas and off until the New Year

tazzymtb

Yes and im stuck with ………. bloody Christmas tunes…right now I could actually scrape my own face off with a hammer drill and rub the resultant bloody mess in broken glass than listen to anymore contrived jolly crap..please kill me now!!!!!!

almightydutch
    Free Member

Me and the lad (he’s 3) have turned up to the office as a token gesture, in the hope the bonus is dished out today and as soon as it is….we’re out of here.
    Saying that, I’ve had quite a few emails come through which required action and for that alone I feel the day has been worthwhile

Junkyard
    Free Member

No change from the rest of the year eh ?

to be fair I have eased from tardy to this

mudshark
    Free Member

Not me – teacher on a well earned break!

A teacher on a break? Not so rare… 😉

I’m working from home, was planning to drive up to Shropshire from Surrey later on but weatherman suggests best not to.

cobrakai

In today at 2. Same as tomorrow. It’s not going to be fun at all.

longmover
    Free Member

I finish up on 17th January, no days of until then for me.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I am in the office and well, not really doing much to be honest. Just been out for a wander and I can confirm it’s now getting ‘a bit windy’ and some stuff is being blown around outside in ‘that London’

pondo

Well, I’m at work but I wouldn’t call it working.

^^^ This. But also these –

Would have liked to have had holiday, but didn’t have any left after getting married this year and taking quite a large chunk of holiday in one hit for that….

Don’t mind though as the roads were dead getting in, it’s pretty relaxed here and my wife is having to work as well.
    I never mind working over Christmas (as I’m fortunate enough at the moment to not have to work the bank holidays – that wouldn’t be so hot…), it’s normally really quiet and everyone’s cheerful. 🙂 WFH tomorrow though – nice to not have to commute, but almost a bit of a pointless, lost day – can’t go out and do anything, but no one else around to spread christmas cheer. Ah well – just have to make sure the laptop’s within sniffing distance of the PS3. 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

unfortunately yes, but I have a bottle of rum under my desk that’s getting cracked open shortly!

so, essentially, I have no plans to do anything else this morning bar consider an acceptable time to commence the opening of the rum before we head out on the piss! :mrgreen:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘anyone working?’ is closed to new replies.