Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • anyone work for the jeremy vine show on here?
  • spchantler
    Free Member

can you tell us why you seem to feature callers of a particular political persuasion? or are most people in the country bigots? or do only bigots phone in? or does it make better radio, airing extreme views? (after the caller today saying that we shouldn’t have free schooling). can’t get 6music at work….

CountZero

I can’t imagine anyone fessing up if they do!

binners

Don’t their researchers just travel in a number of taxi’s, then choose the driver that most makes Richard Littlejohn sound like George Monbiot?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    maccruiskeen

Its not that topic its the way its presented that attracts bigots – firstly its presented in a way that is binary – you have to take a side, secondly the listeners don’t have any facts at their disposal. The topics for discussion will be ones that have only broken as news on the day. That means a discussion is being chaired where people have only had an hour or so to consider the story, they won’t have read the story but they’ll have got the gist of it from a headline or two. Really its only bigots who will decide – “I don’t really know very much about this but I’ll bloody well pick up the phone and tell the nation what I think”

Pigface
    Free Member

Known as “mad people at midday” in work.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Is it bigoted to be bigoted against bigots, how un-bigoted do you need to be before you can class others as bigoted ?

spchantler
    Free Member

how un-bigoted do you need to be before you can class others as bigoted ?

extremely. like me.

br
    Free Member

The folk that ring in have time, therefore mainly retired.

And who buys the Daily Express/Mail?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Vine does spout some crap on his show and on Twitter.

dannyh
    Free Member

Respondents to these shows are self- selecting to a large extent.

They feel strongly enough to phone in. They feel the need to share their opinions with everyone and probably think that everyone is fascinated by them. The producers are also unlikely to choose someone who rings in to say “basically I have no view one way or the other”.

I just turn the radio / tv off when it is getting on my tits. Problem solved.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mr Vine rides to work these days, apparently. Was in one of my London LBSs to have punctures fixed the other day.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

I enjoy the Jeremy Vine show, until I remember its not satire, then it makes me sad.

davosaurusrex

A few years back my brother said to me “Jeremy Vine? He can eat the peanuts out of my sh1t”. I thought it was a bit harsh at the time but have since come round to his way of thinking.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Mr Vine rides to work these days, apparently. Was in one of my London LBSs to have punctures fixed the other day.

Probably thinks the state should provide a puncture fitting service, not surprising that he can’t even fix his own punctures.

RustySpanner

He really is quite an unpleasant man.
    Not as bad as Nicky Campbell, but there really isn’t that much in it.

billysugger
    Free Member

He’s the UKs leading radio troll

CountZero

Ha! When he used to have a late evening radio show, I think either Radio 1 or 2, he had Judie Tzuke on, so on the off chance I phoned up, and actually got to speak to her, to my astonishment! I met her again some years later after a gig, and mentioned it, and she said that Campbell was really not at all nice when she was on there.
    She’s lovely, though! 😳

Bunnyhop

You lucky man CountZero,I loved Judie Tzuke’s music. Went to many, many concerts and still have all her albums, you know the old fashioned vinyl.

slackalice
    Free Member

Radio for the masses unfortunately… Mail /Express with red top tabloid.

The public want what the public get.

Jeremy Vine is a knob.

Happy New Year !

poly
    Free Member

can you tell us why you seem to feature callers of a particular political persuasion?

do they? I thought they had nutters from all sides?

or are most people in the country bigots?

quite possibly

or do only bigots phone in?

no only crazy folk get through. A collegauge of mine once called in as a genuine subject expert on one of his topics; the researchers soon sussed him out as having a balanced and moderate opinion though

or does it make better radio, airing extreme views?

of course it does, listening to a small group of people all generally agreeing and discussing topics in a rational manner is pretty dull radio. I suggest radio 4 if thats what your are looking for.

(after the caller today saying that we shouldn’t have free schooling). can’t get 6music at work….

interestingly you could probably get Mrs Poly to call in with equally strong view on why you should not have private schools… …she’s normally pretty calm and rational but on that one issue she can get wound up.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member
    He really is quite an unpleasant man.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST
    billysugger – Member

I normally listen to 5 live in the morning whilst driving, Campbell ……….Grade A cock, Rachel Burden comes across as a good egg though, bet the poor girl cant wait for 9 am when she can do one !

footflaps

It’s also the use of leading questions I don’t like eg “Are all cyclists irresponsible nutters who have a death wish and should be hunted down and killed for the vermin that they are? Please phone in and discuss.”

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Typical biased BBC “programming”! Cant stand Vines “Leading” and presumptious ways, E.G when Jimmy carr had the tax scandle thing, Vine started hos programme by saying how Carr was now one of the most hated and now unfunny people in the country! Simply not true and totaly leading.
    The guy is an A-hole and ive switched off radio 2 because of him.

zokes
    Free Member

There was a Facebook group a while back entitled “Jeremy Vine is a cretin”.

I was surprised it didn’t have that many members!

grtdkad

What MacC said

The topics for discussion will be ones that have only broken as news on the day. That means a discussion is being chaired where people have only had an hour or so to consider the story

…recall Vines rant about the electricity companies “putting margins up to 47%”. Resulting in a load of angry calls. What Vine should have said was “putting margins up by 47%” meaning power suppliers will make about a pound a week profit per household. Which sounds reasonable to me…but would make crap radio.

He is a twunt. Fact.

martymac

im genuinely shocked at some of the views on this thread, and im not taking the piss or anything.
    i thought i was the only one to think he is a twunt.
    i really honestly feel so relieved to hear other people feel the same as i do.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Hes a twunt
    Hes a twunt
    Hes T W U N T

Coyote
    Free Member

I kinda thought his whole show was based around troll baiting. Surely he can’t be for real!

Oh, and Nicky Campbell defines narcissism.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘anyone work for the jeremy vine show on here?’ is closed to new replies.