Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone with HSBC Business Banking?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

And had the same issue as us – over the last few days we have struggled to make payments online and HSBC have said the following:

The payment has failed as new payment regulations are being introduced to keep your money safe when you are shopping online using card payments. Additional steps may be required to verify that it is you who is using the card.

This applies to all card payments carried out in the UK and EU. Unfortunately your payment has failed as the merchant has not requested the required verification for this payment.

The transaction was not declined by us. We suggest you contact the merchant directly and ask for other ways that they can accept your payment to complete your purchase.

However we buy many services online and our ‘merchants’ aren’t even aware of this change and are struggling to be able to take payments.

TheDTs
    Free Member

We have been struggling with HSBC on everything.
    Our account was hacked two weeks ago. Recovered all funds but EVERY time we make a transfer HSBC stop it and I have to spend 30 mins calling the bank and going through the same stupid questions.
    Looking for an alternative to HSBC They have been useless for quite a while.

I suspect that your issue may be relating to everyone upping security due to world events. We are suddenly finding emails are more likely to end up in junk folders than they used to. (Tin hat off)

Freester

Unfortunately it’s not specific to HSBC Business.

I have a similar notification when I log into my online First Direct and HSBC personal accounts.

I must admit I haven’t had any problems buying online. However I have been asked to login to my banking app to ‘approve’ the purchase – validate it was me making the online purchase.

As the message says – if the merchant hasn’t implemented the changes to trigger the authorisation your bank won’t authorise the payment.

mrchrist

I have experienced these problems.

acsevens

This is industry wide as a result of updated regulation. Certainly noticed it on my Lloyds personal account.

I work for a bank and I don’t think the industry has done a very good job of publicising the changes to customers.

cx_monkey

buying anything online now should have you asked for an OTP or auth code. That’s across the board (at least in the UK anyway) – regardless of the bank you’re with. But yes – the change has been barely publicised, and it looks like a huge % of online sellers had no idea they now needed to add in the extra security step into their carts. I only knew cos the radio in the truck is stuck on 4, and it was talked about quite abit on there over the last month.

As for HSBC, got a business account, personal and joint accounts, and a mortgage. Never had any more issues with them than I’ve had with any other bank.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.