Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Anyone watching the Women’s World Cup?
  • Drac

Watching tonight’s.

2 local girls in the England team makes it more appealing.

spacemonkey

USA looking particularly decent it must be said.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh man…

spacemonkey

Bang. Good finish.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cracking touch from White. Really nice.

Drac

Get up!

chewkw
    Free Member

Gooooooaaaal England!

👏 👏 👏 👍 👍 👍

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Loving this.

chewkw
    Free Member

Arrrgghhhh … Merican scored 😱

cromolyolly
    Free Member

I am in awe of the technical skills of this English side. Their ability to kil the ball dead when under pressure, the 40yard cross field balls (take a bow, Walsh) their ability with thread-a-needle pass. Then they leave a 5 yard backpass short and completely switch off defensively.

Apparently if you are an ‘murican and you can’t outrun your defender you are allowed to just push them away!

croe
    Free Member

USA! USA! USA!

pondo

Their ability to kil the ball dead when under pressure, the 40yard cross field balls (take a bow, Walsh) their ability with thread-a-needle pass. Then they leave a 5 yard backpass short and completely switch off defensively.

That seems a good broad overview of yhe womens’ game in general, outstanding skill mixed with wayward passing, but it’s free-flowing and high energy and I think a mile better than the mens’ game. The US have the upper hand – but this match ain’t over yet… 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Some fabulous shots going in. That long range shot from England was amazing, shame it was met with an equally awesome save!

cromolyolly
    Free Member

That seems a good broad overview of yhe womens’ game in general,

I’m not sure about that. There is a range obviously but this England team has technical skills as good or better than Germany in their prime when Prinz was playing. I can’t think of another team in this tournament whose long passing and crossing was as good. The US are pretty good at crossing the ball though. And throwing elbows….

senorj

Still time for the coach to earn his coin.
    Sort out midfield and stop passing backwards every time please.
    The septics are very strong though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bloody hell. They’ve got that from nothing.

EDIT: going to VAR

chewkw
    Free Member

Dammit!!!! Disallowed! 😤

Watching the match is increasing me blood pressure 😓

theotherjonv

right decision though, I thought it looked off as it happened

binners

Arse!

Looking like getting back into it now though

cromolyolly
    Free Member

The septics are very strong though

The what now?

The mistake was putting Parris in the number 10 spot. She naturally drifts wide, squeezing Daly out and leaving no room for Bronze to overlap. That’s the matchup I want to see them engineer. I think that’s what the sub is meant to do.

senorj

Septic tanks =yanks.👍

MrPottatoHead

As a neutral, VAR is bollocks. Would have been wrong if that penalty went in.

theotherjonv

sweaty palms

very impressed no complaints from the US girl, also took her card without a moan

and…..

we ****ed it up.

0/3 from the spot this tournament

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Thought it was Jodrells.

chewkw
    Free Member

Noooooo … Aaarrgggghhhh … 😱 😱 😱 😰 😰 😰 😭 😭 😭

cromolyolly
    Free Member

As a neutral, VAR is bollocks. Would have been wrong if that penalty went in.

Thought that was spot in – the defender caught her leg as she was in the act did shooting. The VAR did miss the two whacks to the face by Hozan? though.

Drac

May aswell rolled that ball in that was a shit penalty.

binners

Well that’s ****ed it!

thepurist

I wasn’t sure if there wasn’t an offside in the run up to the penalty anyway. Yanks do look the more complete team though, think engerlernd would’ve done better with the regular keeper too.

MrPottatoHead

the defender caught her leg

I think I could have watched that replay 100 times and not been convinced that was true, unless I really really wanted to believe it.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Phil needs to give his brother in waistcoats a bell and find out how to turn a team that’s naff at penalties into a force to be reckoned with.

pondo

Deffo a pen, would have been an eagle-eyed ref to call it without VAR.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

I think I could have watched that replay 100 times and not been convinced that was true,

It was pretty obvious from the 3/4 view from behind. The knee goes into the upper thigh at the back.

I think the yellow for Bright is less nailed on – she got all ball first and the only reason the feet came together was because they both kicked it at the same time, it popped out and there was nothing between the two players feet

pondo

Zut alors. 🙁 Can’t argue with the result, but bravo lionesseses, you done our country proud.

chewkw
    Free Member

So so so close … 😖 😢

cromolyolly
    Free Member

The Americans aren’t ranked number 1 for nothing. Their “game management” is superb.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

first time watching for me. Very strange I thought, a real mix of high quality touches, control and fantastic finishing at a great tempo, combined with amateurish defensive positioning, woeful throw ins (how many foul throws?)  poor passing, (especially out from defence) and bad goalkeeping.  Weird mix!

Good effort mind!

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Much as I hate to admit it, the better team on the night won (mind you, when you think about their talent pool, resources, etc..). As has been said; 0/3 penalties at this level is shocking. Well done to the team though, they played well but were outclassed. Have another crack in four years’ time!

binners

One of those nights

pondo

Half time in Holland v Sweden – can’t help but think we saw the best two teams in the tournament play last night…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Anyone watching the Women’s World Cup?’ is closed to new replies.