Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone watching the Volta a Catalunya?
  • slowoldman

Great stage finish today.

scaredypants

planning to catch up on eurosport – any other days need to be seen? (saw the day1 sprint)
    PLease try not to say who won 🙂

slowoldman

Watch them all. There are some decent highlights on Youtube.

scaredypants

aye, better idea – don’t really have the time for the main coverage

Ta

greentricky
    Free Member

Yeh great finish and good result give what happened in earlier stages

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Yep, I was there in person. Caro or Lo Port is our local road climb, it’s a brute, it goes from sea level at the river Ebro to 1400m in 16 km, the race finished at 1000m as the final bit is a bit rough. Movistar had recced it over the last few weeks, I was riding up a couple of weeks ago and was passed by Marc Soler who led out Valverde today. I had a brief chat with Chris Froome as he was warming down, seemed a bit glum. Tomorrows roads are lovely as well through the vineyards of the Priorat.

scaredypants

Done!

you’re right, there’s been some good racing

spekkie
    Free Member

PB – we had planned to go to La Molina for Wednesday’s finish and then watch the start the next day. Decided not to go in the end because the weather looked a bit dodge and the following day the start was moved 60 km south when the route was shortened due to bad weather in the mountains.

Really glad we didn’t go – it was a 7hr round trip!

Good to see the big three out front yesterday

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I rode through La Molina in May a few years ago on a Trans Pyrenees trip, it snowed then too. Just off now to watch Stage 6 in the Terra Alta.
    Speccie, any thoughts on coming down to see us?

spekkie
    Free Member

Def going to come down PB. Have been speaking to Mrs PB about it on FB. Suspect week starting 3rd April if it still suits you guys?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Yep, that suits. Just got back in from watching the Volta, wheels seem to have fallen off the Sky bus. Rode up to a spot 500m looking across to the Priorat, it has snowed in the night. Telly showing roads clear but about 6″ at the side. Very unusual to have snow this late in the year.

slowoldman

Well this is a race that continues to entertain.

slowoldman

Even the final stage was superb. I reckon these 1 week races might have more going for them than the Grand Tours.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone watching the Volta a Catalunya?’ is closed to new replies.