• This topic has 81 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by wynne.
Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Anyone watching the Chernobyl prog on BBC4?
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

Whilst that link is obviously biased it does contain a lot of truth. And is missing other facts.

Jamba – wholesale energy prices are down everywhere, not just France.

Is this not more appropriate for the Hinkley thread though?

wynne
    Free Member

I will watch this. I have just finished reading ‘Chernobyl Prayer’ – someone else mentioned it above. It’s the most moving book I’ve ever read, drawing on testimony from a wide range of people affected by the incident. I just hadn’t understood the enormity of the physical, environmental, social, psychological, biological, political (I could go on) impacts of the Chernobyl explosion.
    Like someone else said, it’s an event that I so clearly recall hearing of. Those TV images of the poor sods clearing the debris off the roof were seared into my childhood brain. Unlucky, fatalistic, vodka-fuelled heroes who, though no one had the decency to tell them, knew they faced a certain awful death as a result of their actions. The horrible complacency and cynical manipulation of information that surrounded the crisis only amplifies the debt of gratitude I feel towards those brave people.

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Anyone watching the Chernobyl prog on BBC4?’ is closed to new replies.