Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone watching Strangers on ITV?
  • rascal
    Free Member

Getting more confusing with every episode…anyone actually know what’s going on?

johndoh
    Free Member

I read the initial reviews and decided to avoid. The Cry on BBC however is shaping up very well.

jekkyl

I’m not no

trademark
    Free Member

Also now confused but sticking it out until the end.

markrh
    Free Member

Yes, I am and I to have been effected by the issues in this program.

Issue 1. Incoherent plot line.

Issue 2. Going through the motions acting.

Issue 3. Seen it before but in a different setting with different actors.

Like trademark though i’m sticking it out to the bitter end as i feel i’ve reached the point of no return which is time invested in watching it before realising  its a crock of poo and now needing closure…

sharkbait
    Free Member

Had higher hopes for it. Evolved into a completely rediculous plot and I’m finding John Simm a bit of a one trick pony.

The Cry ….. Seems like they only say about 100 words per episode!

Killing Eve – marvelous 👍

bikebouy
    Free Member

That’s a TV channel with adverts right?

That’ll be a No from me.

🤣👌🍆

CheesybeanZ

Mrsbeanz gave up after the 2nd episode.

IHN

I’e got it sitting on the Sky box unwatched. Should I just get rid?

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Also struggling to stick with it.  Was hoping there would be 5 episodes, or so, but eight is way too many IMO.

My biggest problem is that I’m unable to warm to any of the characters as none of them are coming across as particulayr likeable.

Jonah has gone from being a mild-mannered lecturer to a low rent James Bond.  All a bit silly IMO…

mrmoofo

Emilia Fox has made a fantastic career out of being able to thow about 4 looks and call it acting.  Hats off and all that …

John Sims really doesn’t have to do this stuff , does he?.  Somewhere along the way , Martin Freeman stole his future career ….

nemesis
    Free Member

Spoilers!

It’s fairly straightforward isn’t it? The wife had uncovered police / criminal collusion of some sort  and was murdered for it. Presumably the Brits in the embassy are somehow aware or in on it from the very end of last night’s episode but hasn’t been made clear to what extent yet.

stever
    Free Member

Outstayed its welcome. As Moxey memorably said of a dodgy bottle of wine in Auf Wiedersehen, Pet: “I’ll be glad when I’ve had enough.”

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone watching Strangers on ITV?’ is closed to new replies.