Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone watching SOCHI, winter olympics
  • project
    Free Member

Great pictures, live streams on bbc red button.

And all the bbc and sky seem to pick up on is the circle not working on the opening video.

nealglover
    Free Member

And all the bbc and sky seem to pick up on is the circle not working on the opening video.

Apart from all the live coverage and highlights on the BBC
    The live coverage of every event and catchup on the Red Button/Online
    And the same live and recorded footage of every event on the BBC Sport app.

They are covering every event live.

What more would you like?
    It’s bloody awesome.

flip
    Free Member

Yes.
    That Dutch dood in the long track speed skating was ace 🙂

project
    Free Member

less looking for one small fault by a techie, but like i said and you reiterated great coverage so far, loved the drone camera on the slopestyle

crossland
    Free Member

Do mogul skiers have long careers?? Looks hard on the knees to me

Houns

Flicked it on earlier, speed skating was on, heard Hugh Porters voice and turned it straight back off

wrightyson
    Free Member

Loving it. Didn’t bother with the opening ceremony tho, bit of a bore off. Never used the bbc sport app before on the old smart telly, just showed my dad the slope style highlights he was proper impressed!

bigdean

Yep. Its great. The bloke riding the downhill course holding a camera and talking through the course as he went was very good.

nealglover
    Free Member

Yep. Its great. The bloke riding the downhill course holding a camera and talking through the course as he went was very good.

That’s Graham Bell, ex downhiller.

His course runs are fantastic, on ski Sunday most weeks (when they cover DH races anyway)

They give a better appreciation for non skiers (or anyone that’s never been on a proper DH run) of just how extreme these things are. They are made to look fairly easy sometimes partly by TV Cameras, but mostly by the fact that worldcup downhillers are unbelievably talented, and total nutters.

Early start tomorrow for the Men’s Downhill. Can’t wait !

project
    Free Member

And all the bbc and sky NEWSseem to pick up on is the circle not working on the opening video.

Forgot to add the word NEWS in the above sentance.

slowoldman

Do mogul skiers have long careers?? Looks hard on the knees to me

Well apparently Aiko Uemura was competing in her 5th consecutive Winter Olympics – and just missing a medal AGAIN.

nealglover
    Free Member

Forgot to add the word NEWS in the above sentance.

Ah…..Inclusion of the word NEWS in the First Post would have saved me the bother of typing the Second Post 😉

passtherizla
    Free Member

Great value the Winter Olympics. So many more events that I’m interested in.

kimbers

great value? $50bn !

https://twitter.com/SochiProblems is good value tho!

thehustler
    Free Member

Bjorndalens gold a real highlight already. The man is a true sporting legend

honeybadgerx

Being attacked by a bunch of seagulls whilst wearing a chip hat

Commentary on the slopestyle was brilliant, I’ll be looking for opportunities to use that one now!

number18
    Free Member

Well apparently Aiko Uemura was competing in her 5th consecutive Winter Olympics – and just missing a medal AGAIN.

Felt sorry for her as to my lay eyes she seemed to have a much better run than Kearney.

RustySpanner

Dislikes:
    Inconsistant scoring.
    Non ironic use of the word ‘stoked’ by non Americans.
    Every competitor on snow feeling the need to stick their tongue out and wiggle their fingers at the camera after each run – does snowboarding drastically reduce the IQ?

Those three French-Canadian sisters.
    Keith Lemon winning the slopestyle snowboarding.
    Hugh Porter trying to pretend he knows about speed skating.

number18 – Member

Felt sorry for her as to my lay eyes she seemed to have a much better run than Kearney.

Very odd.
    As was the scoring in the slopestyle – all a bit Eurovision Song Contest if you ask me.

JCL
    Free Member

The Olympics is a corporate joke. The IOC is the sporting equivalent of the IMF. People have lost farm land and property to build facilities. The event location and facilities (that will never be used again) and the motorway to it were mostly untouched forests. Estimations for total costs are around 5 billion. Putin’s buddies in the construction industry have pocketed the rest at the mostly impoverished tax payers expense.

passtherizla
    Free Member

ok so my value for money thing was a TV license fee reference…. so its great value for me.

The tongue out throwing down shaka’s is just all part of them having fun, nothing to do with IQ. They are mostly very young being put on the world stage. didn’t see Jenny being silly she loked liek she was going to cry.

The judging promoted inventive snowboarding and going big. Rather that than just see the most spins/flips which isn’t the essence of slopestyle, style having the emphasis over spinning to win.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wohooooooo!!

passtherizla
    Free Member

Every competitor on snow feeling the need to stick their tongue out and wiggle their fingers at the camera after each run – does snowboarding drastically reduce the IQ?

all the skiers are doing this too…. you are the problem.

ocrider

Tsk, tsk. The youth of today……..

Rockape63
    Free Member

managed to hang around at home this morning to watch the ladies ski slope style in the hope our girl Katie might grab a medal. It looked like she might have got one, but was marked down for a couple of minor infringements…..shame! 🙁

sangobegger
    Free Member

Estimations for total costs are around 5 billion

Alexei Navalny’s new website claims Russia spent £30bn to deliver the Sochi Olympics,making them the most expensive Olympics ever. I have even seen quotes up to £60 billion, but whatever the cost, who cares – the winter Olympics just does nothing for me, and apparently it seems the media dont really care either. Try finding a reference to events in the tabloids, with even the broadsheets not making much more of an effort.

BoardinBob

Had to laugh at all the complaints about the slopestyle commentary. The Points of View/ Daily Mail crowd would have a collective heart attack if they ever heard Rob Warner.

nealglover
    Free Member

and apparently it seems the media dont really care either.

Yeah, there’s almost no mention of it on the TV or online…… 🙄

brakes
    Free Member

how come every gold medal is now regarded by the BBC commentators as ‘historic’? first female ski-jump fair enough, but the Dutch getting a bronze in the skating? hardly.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone watching SOCHI, winter olympics’ is closed to new replies.