Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone watching Sherwood (spoilers)?
  • IHN

Three things:

1) It’s very good, terrific cast
    2) Can anyone point me at any good documentaries about the Miner’s Strike? I kinda remember it, but too young to really ‘get’ it, and I’d like to know more
    3) Episode 2 – well, that came out of nowhere 😳

markspark
    Free Member

I remember when the story it’s loosely based on happened, it made riding your bike in the woods after school a bit more interesting!

Dickyboy

Yeah it’s good, I did my coalface training at Bolsover (few miles north of Ashfield) in 1983, so can relate to some of the characters portrayed.
    Ep2 – def wasn’t expecting that!

See also the 2014 film Pride – light hearted look at mix of South Wales striking miners & LGBT community.

Don’t know of any good documentaries on miners strike but there must be some on Orgreave?

nickc

Watched the first one, and by the test of “was I scrolling on twitter at the same time” then I’m not busting to watch the 2nd.

IHN

Yeah, I’ve seen Pride (possibly a couple of times), enjoyed it.

robola

I’m enjoying it. BBC UHD streams in iplayer are glorious too.

Watched the first one, and by the test of “was I scrolling on twitter at the same time” then I’m not busting to watch the 2nd.

Maybe if you actually watched it instead of scrolling on twitter you would have enjoyed it more?

b230ftw
    Free Member

If you are trying to find out more about the history of it all don’t just listen to the unions point of view of the strikes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.