Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone want a job as a bus mechanic in Kidderminster?
  • We’ve taken on some new routes and got six more buses, so now there’s talk of taking on another mechanic.
    Shower and secure bike parking, plus good off road access from the canal. 😉

GolfChick
    Free Member

Odd question but you don’t work for whittle do you?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What tools will I need ?

Whittle is our main local rival. I work for Diamond in the middle of the Worcester Road island.
    Like most mechanics jobs, you would need to supply your own hand tools. Big stuff like jacks and air tools are supplied by the company.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No.

wwaswas

in the middle of the Worcester Road island

Like Tracey Island but with less palm trees?

project
    Free Member

Strange how all us tradesmen provide our own tools to work fre of charge, yet desk jockeys get provided with cumfy chairs, pens pencils and rulers etc, etc.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Look on the upside project, something to moan about eh?

😛

peterfile
    Free Member

Look on the upside project, something to moan about eh?

😆

tinybits
    Free Member

I’ve just my own keyboard, is that ok now?

bikebouy
    Free Member

project – Member
    Strange how all us tradesmen provide our own tools to work fre of charge, yet desk jockeys get provided with cumfy chairs, pens pencils and rulers etc, etc.

Erm… wot if you are working from home?

Anyways, do You really want to share a keyboard with me? 😉

It’s exactly like Tracey island, except it’s surrounded by the Kidderminster ring road* instead of a tropical sea.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.3800256,-2.2519844,258m/data=!3m1!1e3

*Kidderminster may be unique in having a ring road that only goes half way round the town.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Ahh diamond huh, we have the whittle drivers in to use work facilities so just wondered if I’d passed you and not realised it

geoffj

*Kidderminster may be unique in having a ring road that only goes half way round the town.

Bolton too – and I was always told that Bolton was the first town with a ring road 😕

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Bolton/@53.5711542,-2.4431607,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x487b0629dc3b1c93:0xcaa40cfafe557822

crofts2007
    Free Member

Too far from home.
    I’m out.
    Good luck anyway.

Looks like we will have a vacancy for a refueller soon too.
    It’s a low pay, low skilled job working late shift.
    Drivers dump the buses in the yard at the end of the day, the refueller drives them in to the fuel bay, fuels them, sweeps them out, drives them forward in to the bus wash, switches the wash on, then parks them.

IA

I provided my own laptop at a prior job, mainly cos the work provided machines were crap.

Whittle are closing down, we’re expanding.
    There’s another vacancy for a bus mechanic now.

Houns

I need a job (also have a temp job in kiddy just off the canal) alas only tools I have are suitable for fixing me bike

I think we’ve also got, or will soon have, a vacancy for a refueller.
    I’m not sure, but I think it’s minimum wage, £6.50 ph, and it’s only open to PSV licence holders.
    I think they may have to compromise on one of those. 😕

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone want a job as a bus mechanic in Kidderminster?’ is closed to new replies.