Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone want a free printer?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got this excellent HP c309a all-in-one job with auto-feed scanner, fax, all the trimmings, cost £150 so it’s not a cheapo £50 job. We replaced it, and I don’t seem to be able to get rid of it.

Why did I replace it? It needed new ink.. now the ink isn’t any more expensive than usual and it’s fairly economical, but given we do a lot of photos HP instant-ink worked out cheaper.

I don’t want to bin it.. I’ll deliver South Wales/Bristol, West Midlands or Brum area.

Failing that – can they be donated?

midlifecrashes

We offered our last one on the office intranet pages at mrsmidlife’s office, found a happy customer that way. Ours still had toner though, and a spare cartridge.

jam-bo

does it print envelopes?

molgrips
    Free Member

does it print envelopes?

Eventually, yes!

nickjb
    Free Member

I put a couple on freecycle. One went in 5 mins, the other didn’t get a response.

nuke

Not the Dave Gorman related thread I was expecting 🙁

GrahamS

Do you have a local buy & sell group on Facebook, Gumtree or the like?
    Seems to be the place for these sorts of things these days.

Last jumble sale I went to here I bought 2 scanners and a colour printer/scanner for a fiver!

If nothing else they are a good source of stepper motors and drivers for home electronic projects.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m after a printer just now but really need a wireless one. Don’t suppose this is?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, wireless. Apparently also supports ePrint and Google Cloud Print, but there is some confusion about how to set this up it seems.

It is low on ink, but there is still some in there, enough to demonstrate it’s working.

davidjey
    Free Member

How much is ink for it? If it’s not ££££££ then I’ll have it 🙂

I’m in Cardiff (I think you are too?) and happy to collect.

EDIT: google tells me £20 for black ink, does that sound about right?

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s no more than other normal printers. So £14 for black xl, £20 for regular sized colour bundle and so on.

molgrips
    Free Member

Bump? David?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone want a free printer?’ is closed to new replies.