Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone using WTB Vigilante tyres ?
  • excitable1
    Free Member

Looking to swap over to something else from High Rollers 2’s these seem to fit the bill. Slightly narrower, lower profile, strong side walls, tubeless ready. Thinking they’ll still be good for technical rocky terrain, loose stuff and long climbs but might roll a bit quicker than the HR’2’s.

Seem to get good reviews, just wondering if anyone here had any experience of them and if you are running them in a front rear combo with anything else ?

Thanks

excitable1
    Free Member

Also, STW had them in a Fresh Goods Friday pic but I’ve not seen a review, have I missed it ?

skindog
    Free Member

I got a vigilante on the front and it’s been great, really dependable trip and decent sidewalls but I had to ditch the wtb wolverine on the back as it’s sidewalls were rubbish and got trashed on rocky terrains. Switched for a high rollerII which I’m very happy with too

excitable1
    Free Member

Cheers Skindog, so you’re running a Vigilante up front & a HR2 out back ? If anything I was looking to take the HR off the back first because it does feel a bit draggy (and there’s not much left of it now !) and I thought the Vigilante might be a slightly narrow lower profile.

Before I’d been persuaded to go back to HR’s I was running an Ardent/Advantage combo which worked well but similar experience at the back to your Wolverine and it’s all too narrow. I was thinking I might go Vigilante front and back, what do you reckon ?

excitable1
    Free Member

Bump, anyone else?

thegerminator
    Free Member

Great tyre have run them both front
    and rear on my rm element999rsl on
    a wide mix of trails and bike park
    wales.
    Now running the wtb bronson on the back
    faster rolling still superb grip, big
    fan of schwalbe over the years, but give
    em a try you will not be dissapointed. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using WTB Vigilante tyres ?’ is closed to new replies.