• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by a11y.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Anyone using the Uberbike wheelsets?
  • DickBarton

Was ordering myself some new brake pads and stumbled across these wheels – https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/Uberbike-Enduro-30-Straight-Pull-MTB-275-Boost-Wheelset – I’m not needing new wheels, but these are about 300g lighter than my current wheels and as I’m not the hardest of riders, I’m thinking they might be wiorth a think.

Has anyone got these and are they any good? I’m currently running Hope Pro 4 hubs, so suspect getting new rims and spokes is probably a cheaper way of getting lighter wheels, but as I’m just musing things over, are these wheels any good?

I’ll go do some digging around for rims and spokes as well…

a11y

I’m currently running Hope Pro 4 hubs, so suspect getting new rims and spokes is probably a cheaper way of getting lighter wheels

Bingo. You’ve already got great hubs – not the lightest but they’ll just keep working*. Even pushing the boat out with fancy DT Swiss rims and blingy spokes you’ll be <£200 (plus the rebuild cost if you’re not doing it yourself – Dougie @ Greenrig?).

XM421 rims are coping with my considerable weight and lack of finesse on a 140mm trail bike with 2.5/2.3s.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.