Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone using superstar rotor,s or chain device
  • peasant
    Free Member

Building new steed and was wondering if they are any good ,would you recommend them ?

singlecrack
    Free Member

I have one of their chain devices

not fitted yet but all looks ok for the money

tandemonium
    Free Member

Thumbs up here for the XCR single ring chain device, using on a 1×10 setup – it works, it’s light and is 1/2 the cost of most others. Can’t complain at that.

I’m running their rotors on one of my spare set of wheels. Again, they work, they’re cheap, what’s not to like? (They do seem a little thicker then my OEM Shimano rotors, which when swapping between sets of wheels gives a different bite point)

calum
    Free Member

using plasma guide (non-bash) and their flame rotors no problems with either, pretty much identical to far more expensive kit

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

use the single ring XC guide thingy – why spend loads and loads and loads on an e.13 etc when you can spend under £20 on a superstar which does EXACTLY the same job???

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Can’t recommend the flame rotor, just not enough power. look nice but very poor performance. the 203 rotor feels like a 180 or less.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I had a chain tensioner and it did not last a year in light use.

seanodav
    Free Member

+1 for the flame rotor been bad, caused bad fork judder on mine its now in the bin

whinosp
    Free Member

I have been using the Vibe rotors (203mm)on my DH bike for a year with no problems. An improvement on the Avids they replaced in terms of judder, in that I have never noticed it or any lessening of power.

honourablegeorge

Have the XCR chain device, it does look and feel very cheap alongside the branded stuff, but functionally, it’s very good, and the cost of the others is insane.

DT78
    Free Member

Not having much luck getting a plasma guide to fit my nomad today. Could just be me being dumb though.

ssboggy

XCR chain guide broke on its first ride, the plasic on the lower outside of the guide broke but it still works ok!

Fishbone
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Vibe rotor with no problems, a mate has one aswell. Well worth the money.

Northwind

XCR chain device works well for me, dropped the chain today but thinking about it that’s the first time it’s happened since I fitted it last year so, not bad going that! I can see a couple of ways of easily improving the design- adjusting the offset with BB spacers is daft, you should have the ability to space just the guide in and out- but it’s decent, and cheap.

The rotors, mmm, I got a 203mm one which was drilled slightly offcentre but the other ones have been fine. Just the same as my old Tektro ones.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Using a flame rotor, no problems at all. 203mm, on the back only. Plenty of power, no juddering. I bent it a wee bit a while back but it straightened no bother. It replaced an Avid which was very worn but it’s been on there about 8-9 months so it’s done plenty of miles.

jambon
    Free Member

I really like the Blackspire Stinger is you want a 2 ring chain device.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17282

Well made.

momo

Plasma chain device here, only had it on for 3 rides so far, but seems pretty good, certainly not dropped the chain and is standing up to abuse.

atlaz
    Free Member

jambon – Isn’t the stinger a single-ring device?

atlaz
    Free Member

Actually nm… it’s not 🙂

takisawa2

Fitted an XCR chain device on Fri. Not exactly straightforward. Couldnt get it to line up. Ended up gluing plastic shims (cut-up zip-tie) behind the plastic chain guide part to get the spacing right. Not tried it out off road yet but didnt drop at all while ragging it round the street. Have bought a second so I can run the 29er as 1×9 when needed. Loathe to fit it yet because they arent exactly pretty. 😉

Whydot

Currently running the Plasma guide. Cheap, easy to set, and seemingly bombproof. Brilliant piece of kit.

kimbers

have the xcr single ring on my 1×9 only used for comuting and canal path family stuff but also take in the odd set of steps not dropped a chain in 6 months of daily use

james
    Free Member

“single ring XC guide thingy – why spend loads and loads and loads on an e.13 etc when you can spend under £20 on a superstar which does EXACTLY the same job???”
    e13 and the other one weigh less than the superstar one

I have the superstar one because it was to go onto the 2nd bike, fitting is a bit of a faff as you don’t really know how much room to give the chain to flap about etc
    Was made more difficult as I’m using a 73mm octalink BB in a 68mm shell frame, so I don’t have the option of using the BB spacers without offsetting the BB/cranks, I’ve a filed down washer between the cage and the backplate which seems to work okay, I thought there wasn’t enough clearance as it was catching in top and bottom gears until I noticed my chainring was bent ..

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using superstar rotor,s or chain device’ is closed to new replies.