Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone using CarbonCycles carbon flat bars?
  • dickydownes
    Free Member

Looking at the 750mm carbon flat bar with 6.5 degree sweep for my 29er.

£60.

Thought that’s pretty cheap for a carbon bar.

Anyone got one/ broke one/ didn’t like one?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Not used those, but have abused these on a 29er for a few months and really recommend them. Light and strong (and super wide)

http://www.xcracer.com/shop/viewproduct.php?productid=264

dickydownes
    Free Member

They’re £80? have got a budget to stick to really.

Salsa Pro Moto flat bars?

Speshpaul

Yes, no problems, very stiff, happy with the quality fit and finish, but i might go for a riser, so i might have a 2nd (4 rides) pair for sale. drop me a email if you are interested. eddy in profile

Northwind

I used their forks for ages, never so much as a creak… Though I don’t know if they’re a manufacturer or just a rebrander, so that might not mean a lot. OTOH their QR seatclamp was boggin.

jairaj

Is it the “All mountain” wide bar you’re looking at?

I emailed them a while back to confirm if it really was built for AM use ie rough terrain, jumps and drops etc as the weight was ridiculously light and price even by CC standards was very good.

Their reply was something along the lines of “yes this bar can be used on a mountain bike” Which didn’t fill me with confidence. They also stated max rider weight was around 90kg.

For XC use its probably fine but not sure I’d be comfortable giving it a battering on rougher trails. I have a few CarbonCycles components on my XC bike and I highly rate them for their intended use but think I’ll give this bar a miss.

dickydownes
    Free Member

I’d only be riding XC, and not all-mountain.

Be interested to know whether you can add bar-ends or not?

dickydownes
    Free Member

Speshpaul YGM.

Gee76
    Free Member

I’ve got the flatbar on my Titus evo and so far so good. Came in at 170g so same weight as a Haven. Draw what conclusions you will from that really. Posted a thread called exotic bars ahem and got good feedback. Almost tempted on a second pair for my full suss!

mk1fan
    Free Member

That XCRacer stuff looks nice.

Nothing to contribute to the thread though.

nosedive
    Free Member

im in the market for a wide flat bar, what other options are there that would be safe for a clumsy fat bloke with an enduro? anyone tried the crank bros one? or the kinesis?

Alex

I have this one:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=51893

Had the oozy before which I liked (700mm) but wanted something a bit wider. Really like these bars for width, profile, stiffness etc. Not that heavy either. I realise now not totally flat but 5 deg is bog all!

feisty
    Free Member

I use the MT Zoom bars, I have the 85 gram narrower ones but they do a wider 640/660 one around 100g depending on clamp size

Linky

They have got good reviews and are more than up to XC riding

nosedive
    Free Member

that mt zoom one is crazy light. my bike does do the odd downhill track though, not sure if im being daft thinking about a light carbon bar. that spank one looks good…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using CarbonCycles carbon flat bars?’ is closed to new replies.