Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone using an Sram 12 speed gripshift ?
  • thejesmonddingo

As title,struggling with sore thumb,using Sram shifter for first time,thinking about trying gripshift,last used one mid eighties,any experiences ?

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about it to be honest. I had one on GX 11 speed and it was fantastic. You can grab a load of gears either way and the shifting was nice and positive too.

Still might do it on my Ibis to be honest.

plop-pants
    Free Member

I recently changed the sram 12 speed trigger shifter on my Spark to an xx1 gripshift. I’ve used gripshifters for many years and these feel just the same as those of old. Only thing I don’t quite like is that the outer grip that comes in the box butts up to the shifter grip seamlessly. I just like a bit of a ‘step’ between the two so I know my hand is in the right place. The grip on the shifter is a bit smoother than expected so I’m not sure how easy they will be to shift with a wet muddy hand.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Oh forgot to add, if the standard Sram grips aren’t to your taste, Ergon do Grip-shit style grips that match up.

windyg
    Free Member

I have been using a 12 Sram Grip shift for over a year now and I really like it, positive shifting, it’s been faultless, I also fitted an 11spd gripshift to a Shimano rear mech.

u02sgb
    Free Member

Yes, 12 speed gx gripshift and really like it. Used 10 speed a long time ago so I’ve got previous though.

Using it with a normal grip stuck on with hairspray.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using an Sram 12 speed gripshift ?’ is closed to new replies.