Anyone using a small LED floodlight?

Home Forum Chat Forum Anyone using a small LED floodlight?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone using a small LED floodlight?
  • Premier Icon cnud
    Subscriber

I bought one of these for lighting the patio Clicky does the trick and I have it pointing straight down as it’s quite wide angle. First one I ordered had a dicky pir, emailed them about it and got another one sent out straight away and no bother with returns. Took the dodgy one apart but it’s chock full of sealant so a throwaway item really.

sharkbait

We have a small patio that has a rubbish outside light that I’m thinking of replacing with a small LED floodlight.
    The area is only 3x5m (and I don’t want to blind the neighbour) so I’m thinking of going with a 10w LED. Anybody have experience with the ones you can get on Amazon or thebay?

Beware the ones on e-bay that say they’re 12VDC and 240VAC – they don’t work on DC. Good lights for the price though.

sharkbait

Going to be 240AC so should be OK…. thanks for the pointer though. I’ve also read that some do not have the earth cable connected but this can be fixed.

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

Yep, I have a pair of them from Maplins. They are fixed on the end of a shed and light the lower farmyard. Plenty of light to be fair so a single one on a small patio will be more than adequate. One problem is setting up the movement sensors. They are either too un-sensitive or they come on when the wind moves a leave on a tree 30 feet away. Seems to be nothing in between.

ChrisA

I’ve just put up a couple of the Osram Noxlite LED Floodlight. 2 Double ones for the back of the house and 2 single ones for the side. They’re expensive but very good

sharkbait

Thanks for the info WF. Luckily no need for sensors as it’s not a security light…just want light if we’re out there in the evening so it’s on a switch.

russ295

I’ve got three around my garage. 10w cheapies off eBay.
    I have them running through a separate dusk/dawn sensor.
    There spot on.
    Yes, the earth wasn’t connected when I got them but only took a few minutes to sort.

marcus7

Yeah you’ll be fine, mind you I’m biased, I’m in the middle of making 500 units… 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using a small LED floodlight?’ is closed to new replies.