Anyone using a PS3 as a network media player? (Flac, 44.1kHz, transcode content)

Home Forum Chat Forum Anyone using a PS3 as a network media player? (Flac, 44.1kHz, transcode content)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone using a PS3 as a network media player? (Flac, 44.1kHz, transcode content)
  • spectabilis

Anyone using a PS3 as a network media player?
    I want the PS3 to play transcoded flacs with resampling turned off i.e at 44.1kHz
    I’ve tried a number of media servers PS3ms,Tversity,Twonky,and White bear + LMS
    But cant get the bugger to play transcoded flacs without resampling to 48kHz it just cuts ever 30s or so
    Its really effing me off . CDS’s play fine with resampling turned off
    I’ve looked on all the media server forums n got nowhere found one report saying Whitebear works fine …not for me it doesn’t.
    Thought I might aswell ask here as there seems to bit of audio geekery time to time.

spectabilis

Thanks but no .
    I can play flac’s fine on the PS3 in standard mode where it resamples the audio to 48kHz. Problem is I don’t want it resampled I want my Amp to receive LPCM at 44.1kHz as audio should be.
    If I switch the PS3 to o/p at 44.1kHz it stutters.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using a PS3 as a network media player? (Flac, 44.1kHz, transcode content)’ is closed to new replies.