Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • anyone using a cutout saddle?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

does it help with numbness? tried a lot of saddles now but after 2+hours riding the numbness starts and just bother/worries me … tried all saddle tilting/positioning already, shaving balls and using light/thick inners as well but the numbness still there after 2 hours riding 😐 help

iainc

have a look at ISM saddles, I have them on all the bikes. The mtb specific one is the Peak

wolfenstein
    Free Member

i’ve been eyeing at that ISM for quite sometime actually, but very expensive mistake if it doesn’t suit me.. these kind of saddle £100+ mark should have at least a demo even for a small price before consumer cash in on the product

nedrapier

firm saddles with little padding and a decent cutout work for me. Toupe ont eh road type bike and phenom on the mtb. I’d probably go for another toupe if I was buying today.

Specialized are a good bet, lots of shapes, lots of widths, lots of levels of padding.

The concept store I bought mine from in Covent Garden does a “bring it back and swap if you’re not happy”, which, given the options available, gives you a fair bit of confidence that you’ll find something you like for a limited outlay.

nedrapier

wolfenstein, try on some triathlon forums, they’re quite popular, but not for everyone, so you might find someone willing to loan, or sell 2nd hand. You’d be able to flog again for little or no loss if you liked and wanted to buy new, or didn’t like and wanted to keep looking.

brakes
    Free Member

have a look out for ‘try before you buy’ offers with bike shops – Fizik seem to do a fair few of these.

I’ve used San Marco SKNs for years and it’s great even though it has virtually no padding on – it’s discontinued though 🙁

wolfenstein
    Free Member

ned.. do you mean for the toupe saddle?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

actually using nukeproof saddle, the main plastic frame is cutout and enveloped with the leather(ish) material.. wondering if I just cut it out, i was on the brink of doing that last brecon beast.

nedrapier

sorry, second post about tri forums etc was about ISM saddles.

iainc

wolfenstein – Member
    i’ve been eyeing at that ISM for quite sometime actually, but very expensive mistake if it doesn’t suit me.. these kind of saddle £100+ mark should have at least a demo even for a small price before consumer cash in on the product

many places do trial ones – try Pedal Pedal, in London and mail order – they have demo specific ones, for fully refundable £100 deposit

here

wolfenstein
    Free Member

@ ianinc – you are a star !!! 😀

cheers dude.. just emailed them for a demo

iainc

^^^^ cheers !

I spoke to the guy at Pedal Pedal, and bought one from them, nice folk, very helpful and good prices too.

motozulu
    Free Member

How, in the name of almighty ****, would shaving your balls help? 😆

Unless it’s just an excuse to shave your balls of course, which is fair enough. 😉

hora
    Free Member

OP get measured or try the Selle Italia MAX SLR flow?

nairnster
    Free Member

Perhaps shaven balls just feel better when you get the mrs to massage the numbness out of them?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

All roadies shave and teflon each others.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘anyone using a cutout saddle?’ is closed to new replies.