Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • anyone using a Bontrager TLR Flash Charger floor pump?
  • lardman
    Free Member

I was looking at this instead of a compressor for tubeless tyres inflation.
    I’m guessing that you pre-charge the second chamber with the floor pump, then release the pressure into the tyre in go……

Anyone got one?

Interesting, but would like to see if it works before i buy one.

this thing

(ps, not looking for ghetto inflator, or ‘pump harder’ kind of advice thanks)

BadlyWiredDog

I’m not sure they’re actually available yet over here. There are few videos on YouTube showing it working I think and some website reviews. Have you found one on sale in the UK?

chopchop
    Free Member

I saw one of these being demo’d a few weeks ago, did the job very nicely and should be a fair whack cheaper than the Bontrager (should they release it in the UK).

http://www.airshotltd.com

mrblobby
    Free Member

That just looks like a productised ghetto tubeless inflator.

chopchop
    Free Member

The Bontrager is the same as a ghetto in principle also, they’re both just an accumulator for pressure. The airshot appealed to me as its a solid unit taking away the risk of deafening/soiling yourself when the ghetto goes ‘pop’! The Bonty looks like a great idea but pretty expensive and most people who run tubeless have a track pump already.

lardman
    Free Member

That airshot looks like a good solution too. If either were available, id probably get one.
    I might try the Bontrager, as I can get one sent from the States via a relative.

unless there’s anything similar i’m missing?

njee20
    Free Member

The Bontrager one has made it over here – £100. Not horrific when you say it comes with a top quality track pump anyway. I’m very tempted by one.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Count me in too for the pump, njee where have you seen them In the UK?

Genius idea, just hope when I do get one it works on my problematic sram rail wheels and I won’t have just spunked 100 sheets

njee20
    Free Member

It’s listed on Bontrager.co.uk, so any dealer will be able to get one when they’re released.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers guys, defo on my buying list this, it does look a good quality pump too

out of interest it says a whopping 160psi, how does that compare to a lbs compressor? is it literally giving out the same sort of burst of speed as a workshop compressor?

DT78
    Free Member

Interested in this too, looks exactly like what Ive been looking for. Anyone actually used one yet?

njee20
    Free Member

Don’t think they’ve actually been released over here.

out of interest it says a whopping 160psi, how does that compare to a lbs compressor?

I think the pertinent thing for seating tyres isn’t so much the pressure as the flow rate. I imagine a compressor is lower pressure, but obviously it’s a constant flow. I don’t know what the flow rate is for the Flash Charger, but I’d have thought it’ll work better than a compressor if anything.

Nobby

Airshot is just an expensive rip-off of this: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ghetto-tubeless-inflator-mk-vii

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘anyone using a Bontrager TLR Flash Charger floor pump?’ is closed to new replies.