Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone using 29er Geax Saguaros? Pressures?
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

I keep lowering the pressure but the tyre has such a stiff carcass. Anyone got the sweet spot pressure front and rear?

And what does the name mean?

drofluf
    Free Member

Around 25psi

And what does the name mean?

Let me Google that for you

Yak

16f/19r psi. Tubeless and 65kg. Maybe 1 psi less in the winter.

LoCo
    Free Member

25 to 30 psi in the rear 14 stone & jump with them on.

Goma on the front is rather good too

GregMay
    Free Member

Around 22-25 PSI, 80kg utterly fantastic tyre.

Kryton57

Whats peoples experience of this in wet muddy singletrack on the Front (riding SS)?

hoops

I kept them on through the winter whilst riding SS. Most experiences were sketchy, but usable. Sharpens up the handling skills.

drofluf
    Free Member

Whats peoples experience of this in wet muddy singletrack on the Front (riding SS)?

Scary! Very prone to letting go without warning. Now running it on the back and a lot happier!

Guess the clue’s in the name really 🙂

vorlich
    Free Member

Use one on the rear of my Jones. Generally I run low-ish pressures despite being 15+st as I mostly ride woodland singletrack, but I’m finding I need to run higher pressure than usual with the Saguaro.

I find it can be a bit squirmy on an ArchEX if pressure is too low. Only noticeable on slow speed, off camber, seated climbs. Otherwise fine, not an issue once pumped up more, true of any tyre I suppose…but I reckon I’m running higher pressure than with the Beaver that was on over winter.

Yak

Good on the front in the dry with a faster drifty tyre on the rear – eg Racekings etc. In the muck, not so good, but it is a good rear with something grippier up front.

GregMay
    Free Member

I ran one on the rear of my SS all winter with a Mountain King 2.4 up front. Perfect in anything by the most clay filled mud.

I run a Saguaro up front during the summer with an AKA out back on both my race bikes for 24 hr duties. I find it damn predictable, but then again I love Kenda Karmas and Slant Sixes…so possibly not the most normal choices.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using 29er Geax Saguaros? Pressures?’ is closed to new replies.