• This topic has 29 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by colp.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Anyone used Tri UK recently?
  • ogden
    Free Member

Just ordered an ebike from them but some of the recent Facebook and Trust Pilot reviews aren’t brilliant, has anyone ordered from them recently and had a good service?

Wondering if I should count my chickens or not.

Cheers

mrb123
    Free Member

I ordered a bike a couple of months back.

It came eventually but was only sent out at least a fortnight after they’d taken my money. In the interim I had a fairly anxious wait as they would not respond to any emails and you can’t get through on the phone.

Loads of people ordered stuff in a big Mavic sale they had and most of those orders weren’t fulfilled although people did get their money back eventually I think.

In my case the bike I got was in good condition although the box was pretty battered. I dread to think how I’d have got on if there had been a problem with it.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Aren’t they a part of the Wiggle chain?

mrb123
    Free Member

No they’re a Mike Ashley business.

ogden
    Free Member

Focus Jam2 6.7 Nine 2020 for £3200 was too good to pass up

londoncommuter
    Free Member

Pretty poor at the moment as they don’t return e-mails or answer the phone.

scotroutes

Yep. Got a wetsuit. And a hat. No problem.

colp

I ordered a Jam2 6.8 about 3 days ago.
    No further contact but I paid on the credit card so no worries

ogden
    Free Member

I ordered a Jam2 6.8 about 3 days ago.
    No further contact but I paid on the credit card so no worries

Yeah I made sure it was on my credit card just in case!

Let me know how you get on with your delivery.

akira

Got a saddle a few months back, wasn’t quick but I emailed them and they got back to me and it arrived fine. Was half the price of anywhere else so I was happy to wait!

baddddad
    Free Member

Bought a pair of road shoes from them in the sale last year but didn’t get round to opening them until a few weeks ago only to find out there was two right shoes in the box. Emailed them, got a response same day, returned them, got a phone call a few days later and had a new pair within a week. All good in my experience

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I had all kinds of problems with some shoes I ordered. Took about 2 months and many unanswered emails and messages to get things to happen.

Top tip – comment on their FB posts and, like magic, your email will be answered.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

No they’re a Mike Ashley business.

Ah, my bad, guess I’m getting confused with Wiggle’s Ebay store where they flog all the returns (trisportresort or something like that).

colp

@ogden

According to the “my orders” page mine is picked and in packaging.

Fingers crossed

ogden
    Free Member

@ogden

According to the “my orders” page mine is picked and in packaging.

Fingers crossed

So was mine! just been cancelled.

colp

Oh dear, my status just changed back to being picked. Not looking good

ogden
    Free Member

I’ve spoken to my local shop who said they’ll get one in for the same price which is brilliant, the only shame is it won’t be till end of August.

Gives me chance to ride my AM9 that should come this week though!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I ordered a road bike from them 29th of March and it arrived 3 weeks later. To be fair that was at the beginning of the COVID lockdown and i think it was with the couriers for a bit.

Bike came in a big old box and the only thing to do was affix the handlebars and add some pedals. 1st ride wasnt so good as the front mech kept rubbing and i stopped a few tmes to try and adjust. Felt ok until I put some pressure on it and again i had an intermittant rubbing noise. Eventually the whole drivetrain seized and I was left at the side of the road trying to suss out. Turns out the cassette was loose. I don’t think this is a Tri-UK fault as their mechanic probably set the bike up without test ride.

londoncommuter
    Free Member

Why is that not a Tri-UK fault?

They bodged the cabling on my new bike which I’m correcting now but makes me worry what else they’ve done. Obviously they won’t reply to anything on this despite me spending what a non-cyclist would think an eye-watering amount of money with them.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

TBH i’m not sure how the bike was received from the manufacturer. If the running chassis was assembled, would they take the wheel off and check cassette lock ring torque?

ogden
    Free Member

Well I emailed a few focus dealer and 3 came back to me today saying “they are just listings bikes they dont have to draw you onto their website”.

Give them a miss in the future

ogden
    Free Member

@colp how’d you get on in the end?

I managed to get my local shop to price match the one you went for in the end.

colp

Getting nowhere at the moment
    The website still says “being picked”
    Managed to get through to the Glasgow branch who said to phone Yeovil branch.
    Got through to Yeovil today who said the size mediums are in the Mansfield branch.
    The Mansfield number just rings for a bit then goes to a number not recognised message.
    Getting twitchy now as it’s my wife’s 50th birthday present and we are supposed to be driving out to Europe in a couple of weeks with the bikes.
    Would you mind PMing me with the LBS you got yours from in case they cancel it?

ogden
    Free Member

Mines not coming till September that’s the only issue 🤷🏻‍♂️

colp

Spent another hour or so today trying to ring them, still getting nowhere.
    Anyone live near Mansfield fancy popping to the shop for me, see if the bike I ordered actually exists?
    Focus Jam2 6.8 2020 in medium.

londoncommuter
    Free Member

As a follow up on my moan, they finally got back to me yesterday but have been thoroughly decent about it. They’re just overwhelmed for some reason.

Pauly

Click bait from a company owned by Mike Ashley..? Spend your hard earned elsewhere.

colp

Managed to get through to the Yeovil store this morning where the mail order is run. They couldn’t tell me if the bike I ordered even existed or when it might be delivered.
    They refused to call the Mansfield store where they said it would be if in stock.
    I said I’d collect it if they could confirm it was there, the mail order manager said they were too busy to check for me and basically told me to live with it or she could cancel my order.
    I jumped onto Facebook and left them a bad review and minutes later my order got cancelled saying the bike was no longer available. So I looked on the website and magically one was available again.
    Absolutely shocking company. Apparently my refund could take another 5 days to process.

ogden
    Free Member

So I looked on the website and magically one was available again.

When mine was cancelled I was told “ Please also be aware that we have currently have a web issue where cancelled items are reappearing on the site after cancellation.” So I just screen shot it and emailed a load of focus dealers asking someone to price match while it was online.

colp

I’ll give it a go, cheers fella

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used Tri UK recently?’ is closed to new replies.