Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone used fitwheels.eu recently?
  • stevious

Hi all, have seen some good things about these guys on here so am pretty confident in them.

I’m just wondering what their turnaround time is at the moment so I can plan my build a wee bit. I’ve had no reply to an email so am guessing they’re fairly busy.

househusband

I asked a week or two ago and it was three days. However, I didn’t order from them as I’d been trying to communicate with them for a good week or so prior to that and alarm bells had started to ring so I ended up ordering a wheelset from DCR Wheels. If fitwheels had got back to me promptly I may have ordered from them. In the end I ended up getting their attention via their eBay presence rather than their website and mentioned the advice I sought by email and Facebook but they still didn’t answer my questions so this reaffirmed my confidence in placing the order with DCR despite the fact I won’t get them for another two weeks or so.

Undoubtedly, if you know what you want their prices for DT hubs and rims built up are astounding.

stevious

Hmm thanks. Already ordered over a week back. Will try contacting them via eBay

tomaso
    Free Member

When I ordered it was patchy on the comms and I was a little uncertain and then the wheels were outside being delivered. I am really pleased with the wheels for the money.

stevious

THanks @tomaso – do you remember how long they took?

doom_mountain

I ordered at the start of lockdown, comms didn’t seem too slow. They were able to help with changing delivery address as my work had closed by the time the wheels shipped. I imagine they are pretty busy at the moment.

The wheels are fantastic, all dt parts at a weight and price that no equivalent factory wheels can do. I will buy from them again.

stevious

Just got an email from them and my wheels are on the way. He says they’re pretty busy just now. Looks like it’ll be <2 weeks from order to delivery which is pretty good.

musttryharder
    Free Member

Do the fitwheels builds come with rim tape and valves?

stevious

Wheels arrived today!

Came fitted with tape but no valves.

mjsmke

Ordered from them a couple of weeks ago. They didnt have the rims in stock but informed me the day after ordering and offered an alternative. Agreed on the new spec on a Wednesday and I received them the following week on the Friday.

Tracking was easy and well packaged. I’d use them again.

musttryharder
    Free Member

I ordered 2 weeks ago, and have heard nothing apart from the inital order email.
    I’ve emailed them and messaged on eBay, but no further communication so far.

musttryharder
    Free Member

Wheels shipped this morning.

musttryharder
    Free Member

Just for completeness, wheels arrived yesterday, so 20 days from order to delivery.
    Lukas did get back to me eventually, apparently there was a delay on front hubs (showed as in stock when I ordered).
    Finished wheels look great.

mashr

Anyone ordered from Fitwheels since the joy of Brexit then? Seen exactly what I’m after on eBay, but know they website is often better instead. Just can’t convince myself if it’s going to really end up a decent deal

jkomo

Bump

mashr

Mine arrive today – woo!
    Had to pay tax – boo!

nedrapier

what was the before and after, mashr? website payment and then VAT/import duty/handling?

mashr

Paypal payment, but it looks like they’ve now tweaked the website to tax off tax for the U.K. UPS handled the tax, seemed to only be VAT and around a tenner for their handling charge.

Build was quick, shipping good too with a day of “Brexit delay” and the Easter weekend only getting in the way a bit. Customer service sorting the spec out was really good

nedrapier

cheers!

mashr

Arrived this morning after UPS being a little odd yesterday – looking good so far!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used fitwheels.eu recently?’ is closed to new replies.