Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone used biking andalucia or mountain biking spain for a holiday
  • BigR

Hi,

Looking for a holiday in September and am considering either of the 2 companies above. Has anyone been with them. Happy to hear any good/bad experiences.

Thanks

cfoggo
    Free Member

I have been with on Bikingandalucia.com a few times and had a great holiday each time I went. The trails are really good and it is really good value! I have booked to go again this year.

I have never tried the other company.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

I have not tried these companies but I have used Puremountains.com we are going back for the 3rd time in September. Great people running it, great accommodation and great trails with great vehicle support too. Tell them BigBadBob recommended it to you and you might get free beer on your trip.

Marin
    Free Member

I’ve used biking Andalucia and am going back out end of February with them again. Nice accomodation, good trails, very chilled Spanish town and cheap. No need to say Marin recommended you as there is alaways free beer in the fridge.

chancer
    Free Member

I’ve been to Biking Andalucia a few times on a mtb and a road bike.Area great for both and the trips were good value with almost guaranteed good weather all year round .

cakerider

went with biking andalucia last year (http://www.cakeriders.info/7dayspain) riding was good, accomodation was good and post riding beer was good.

In fact all so good a group of us are heading back in the spring

acehardy
    Free Member

I have used Bikingandalucia.com for the last 10 years, both on & off road, my last trip was Nov 2012, I always have a fantastic time, not just for the spectacular & varied rides, but the atmosphere of the mountain & the scenery. The village & the Tapas are good as well! The host & guide David is very knowledgeable about the trails & accommodates the rides to suit your expertise. I have had 100 º/o satisfaction. Highly recommended.

craggs66
    Free Member

Had 2 holidays with David at Biking Andalucia. 3 day trail & single track routes near Orgiva, & 1 week high altitude week in the Sierra Nevada area. David’s knowledge & guiding made a fantastic experience! The accomadation at the finca is great as is the pool after a hard days riding! Orgiva is great for beers & free tapas too! Highly recommended. Going back this year!

ceebee
    Free Member

I spent a week with Biking Andalucia last November. The range of trails is fantastic, something for every ability. The scenery is stunning, take a camera. David is a great guide and provides good hospitality, I enjoyed it so much I’m going again in February.

chemister

I’ve done 5 trips to BikingAndalucia, mixture of road riding and MTBing- both excellent.
    Great weather year round, good for spring, autumn winter riding, gets v hot mid summer. The holiday package is probably one of the out there for value for money, always beer in fridge and plenty of cheap bars and restaurents to choose from in the small town of Orgiva, so good après can had if that’s your thing, or you can just chill be the pool.

mrpode
    Free Member

I have used Biking Andalucia six times now and have already booked again for May 2013. We have always had a superb time there – the rides are five star epics. The mountains are huge with amazing descents…Orgiva is still very much a Spanish town with a huge choice of value bars and restaurants. Superb!

shawboy
    Free Member

I have been mountainbiking for 17 years, done the Alps, Cyprus, Vancouver, all UK trail centres and most uplands, and I usually manage to get an Easter ride week with Biking Andalucia – Dave. This year will be my 8th time, just suits me – relaxed, great views and riding – if it gets reaaly technical, there is always an alternative way. What is really good is when you arrive back at 4ish, there is a pool and no shortage of tapas bars a short walk into town, a couple of good restaurants, and you never manage to spend much money! Met another poster on here, cakerider, there last year…

simonredbeach
    Free Member

Two of us went to Biking Andalucia for the first time this December for a week. It was one of my best holidays ever. It was so relaxing it felt like we’d been away for a month (yes we were doing lots of cycling!). We hope we will become regular visitors.
    Highlights for me:
    – great hosts (Dave and Mr. Paco)
    Mr. Paco’s jokes are definitely the better. Dave is relaxed and enjoyable to be with
    – great location for relaxing – stunning scenery and inexpensive locale
    – awesome road and mountain cycling
    – sun and warmth
    I can recommend Biking Andalucia.

turbo1397
    Free Member

I too am thinking of a trip there in september.. looks like a lot of happy customers. Will have to check there site out..

barrys
    Free Member

I have used Bikingandalucia.com for the around 10 years, more or less every year, mainly off-road but a few trips with the road bike and I’ve already booked for 2013. I’ve always had a great time and usually go with the family (non-cycling) who can just chill while I put the miles in. Very good local village and scenery, Dave the owner is very knowledgeable and really did his homework when he selected this as his base – 200m from a decent size village (beer, tapas, restaurants, supermarkets, etc…) and at the foot of the highest mountains in mainland Spain. The accommodation is basic but clean and comfortable which Dave has improved year on year. Can’t fault it and would highly recommend it.

mogrim

Funny how many posters say exactly the same thing, with a posting history of exactly one post? It’s almost like the company in question were spamming the board??? 👿

d45yth
    Free Member

mogrim – Member

Funny how many posters say exactly the same thing, with a posting history of exactly one post? It’s almost like the company in question were spamming the board???
    +1!

EDIT: I just saw that this thread is 6 months old too!

davidisaacs
    Free Member

I am david@bikingandalucia.com of http://www.bikingandalucia.com and only just become aware of the above thread and last 2 posts.
    The first 14 posts are genuine, 100% definate; I cannot be responsible for their forum history,but they are genuine, and honest, they are all clients of http://www.bikingandalucia.com , however if anyone is interested they can speak to the posters directly (contact details via me if required) to verify.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used biking andalucia or mountain biking spain for a holiday’ is closed to new replies.