Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone used bike-x-perts?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Sent an order for some 319s with sapim spokes and xt hubs over a week ago. It was 120e and when ordering they stated that they would get in touch with me with a price for posting to Oz and wait for me to agree before completing the order. I’m still waiting for them to get back to me. A couple of days ago I emailed them for an update and still no reply.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with them. They appear to be very cheap but I could have ordered from CRC and had them by now (just paid a fair bit more though).

andytherocketeer

Used them a few times. No issues at all.

It was Easter, so possible they’re catching up with a 4-day backlog. Or maybe they’re just being slow.

I’ve ordered wheels from there before (with a 2-3 week lead time for building) and had no confirmation, until the DHL calling card turned up.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah, the easter thing. I ordered a few days before easter and still have no replies or contact and no money taken. Do Europe get 2 weeks off for easter?

Order says “pending”.

Out of interest, what wheels did you order and was the build ok?

pembo6
    Free Member

Hi Aphex_2k.
    Slightly off topic…… But how long do your orders normally take to reach u from CRC ?
    They seem to be taking ages to Oz in the last few months. 6 to 9 months ago I was consistany getting all items within 4 to 7 days. Now everything is about 2 weeks or up to 20 days.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Within 2 weeks to tas but thats only normally small stuff its hard to get here. The snow may have slowed a few things getting out of europe after that aus post is its own special beast:-)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I ordered one of those FSA chainsets they were doing cheap and it was here in 4 days. DHL I think.

I’ve sacked off bike-x-perts on the premise that if they can’t even reply to an email in 10 days I’m buggered if I order wheels and something goes wrong with them. Cheap, yes. I’m going for a set from either Merlin or CRC now.

pembo6
    Free Member

Actually , now that u mention DHL, I have noticed that anything sent with them is fast. Anything sent with Royal Mail is slow.

andytherocketeer

In this case, it’s German Deutschepost-DHL not the UK DHL. Usually next day delivery here and if they leave a calling card it’ll be at the post office 🙂 . But CRC+RM is slower than lethargic. Like 15 day delivery the last 2 times. DP-DHL will own RM in a couple of years.

Only 4 days for Easter. But just as a PSA for those ordering from those popular German stores, May has more than just a few public holidays. 4 to be precise, giving us 6 days off.

GL with CRC. Delivery in less than 2 weeks to an EU country would be nice, and tracking would be useful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used bike-x-perts?’ is closed to new replies.