Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Anyone used any of the *inn brands.
  • the_kenburg

I’m looking to get a new head torch for hiking and TrekkINN have the one I’m after at a good price. Anyone got any experience of using any of the *INN brands? Is it a legit operation?

scotroutes

Absolutely fine. In(n) fact I just placed another order a few minutes ago.

b33k34

And I had 2 sets of Code brakes turn up today. (£160 per end).

wbo
    Free Member

Not always the quickest but a legit operation… runinn and climbinn.

Which torch?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I thought torchinn was an insurance scam?

vanilla83
    Free Member

Yes. Not the quickest delivery but used several times without issue (including returns)

slackboy

I thought torchinn was an insurance scam?

*Groan*

used bikeinn a few times – order some 12 speed stuff before xmas but it hasn’t shipped yet. delivery into stock date keeps slipping, but that’s no their fault.

savoyad

I’ve used them a few times, had no problems.

piemonster

I had some problems with them a few years back now but have noticed people seem more positive about them these days.

Seemed to remember they sold something as in stock but it probably wasn’t, I can’t say for sure as I could never get a response out of them by any channel. Never did receive the product.

edit, in fact, this was well before the B word would have had any impact.

ampthill

In think trekinn cloned my card and bank had to block some unauthorised transactions

monkeyboyjc

Had no probs with bikeinn, some stuff takes a few weeks others didn’t.

zerocool

They were fine when I used them last year.

northernsoul

Used Bikeinn a couple of times and been fine. I like that the price on-screen is the price you pay (no extra VAT/import fees).

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Used BikeINN and TrekINN a few times each, no problems but as others have pointed out they are not necessarily the quickest

Milese
    Free Member

Good prices, legit, but you cant trust their delivery dates.

I ordered some scuba stuff before a holiday, should have had a week to spare with the delivery dates they offered but it arrived too late, so had to pay through the nose to get it elsewhere on a next day delivery.

Stuff that was supposedly in stock took 2 weeks longer than advertised, back in October.

kongman28
    Free Member

I used SkiINN and one of the items seemed to take an ‘age’ to come from another warehouse but the communication was good and the items arrived in the end, and I saved a load of money, so I’d use them again if not in a hurry.

scotroutes

Last night I got the despatch email for the items I.ordered yesterday.

devash
    Free Member

Legit company but like Tredz, often they don’t actually have the advertised stock and they have to order it in from a distributor first so can sometimes take a while to receive your goods.

smiffy

Hotel, motel, Holiday…

kerley
    Free Member

Last night I got the despatch email for the items I.ordered yesterday.

Same for me. They seem to be the only place in the world that lists replacement Mavic Cosmic Elite UST rims so was prepared to wait if I needed to.

t3ap0t
    Free Member

Ordered something before christmas which took 2-3 weeks to come, a lot of that was the parcel sitting in some sorting facility in the Netherlands.

momo

I bought a pair of schwalbe tyres from them in November, even though listed in stock it took a week for them to be posted. Cheaper than buying in the UK though (and tan sidewalls so obviously far superior to the black ones I could have bought here!)

Make sure you want what you’re ordering though, returns are a total pain, I bought some ski poles for my brother in law as a Christmas gift a few years ago, totally my fault that I selected the wrong length, ended up cheaper to sell them at a loss on eBay than to return them! I did have some ‘coins’ from that one though which I put towards the new tyres!

travo
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at ordering a Sram X01 AXS upgrade kit from them, has anyone been stung with import charges etc? Also, correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure I can get it warrantied here in the UK if need be (I’ve previously warrantied a reverb here in the UK which I bought from Germany) anyone any knowledge of this?

RichBowman

Fine for me – ordered from them recently and arrived quickly. Decided it wasn’t suitable and returned it. Took a bit longer to process, but received my refund earlier this week. To be fair – I’ve had Chain Reaction take longer at times…

andrewreay

@travo You should be fine in terms of charges / VAT. They’ll sort it so that what you pay them is what it costs.

Can take some time to arrive.

Re SRAM warranty, I really don’t know. Some companies will split warranty by country, so if bought from Germany, you have to deal with the German distributor / German office to get support.

This happened to me when I bought a Topeak pump from Bikester. Spanish distributor didn’t want to know as I was in the UK, and the UK distributor didn’t want to know because I had bought from the EU.

So check with SRAM first – there should be some details on their website.

Post-Brexit, warranty support is a lot less straight forward.

johnjn2000

Don’t trust the ‘in stock’ notice because it means nothing. I ordered a speed ball from them for my sons Christmas present. I ordered it in October, delivery would be November, it finally arrived first week in January. On the positive side the customer service team reacted to my status request, apologised, explained the reason, and gave me the opportunity to cancel the order. My gripe is with their version of something being in stock, I will probably use again but knowing I might not see my item for a while.

travo
    Free Member

Andrewreay, Thanks for the info, I’ll send Sram an email and see what the come back with.

desperatebicycle

Interesting – I ordered a T-Shirt in the sale before Christmas and still not got it yet.
    They have advised me that it’s been shipped. Cust service was pretty quick when I enquired.
    If I look on the tracking now, well I’ll screen shot it:

So, hmm what was it doing between 21st Dec and 25th Jan? And why has it gone from Spain to Holland and bouncing around in Holland? Glad it’s only a t-shirt, but I don’t think I’d use em again unless I had to.

RichBowman

Re: Spain to Holland – that’s DHL. Mine went from Barcelona to Brussels, then Luton, down to Heathrow and on to me… Returning was very similar. As I’m a bit of a sad geek (:-)) I could actually track the plane it was being moved around on… The Dutch stuff will be customs clearance. Seems every scan causes an ‘event’ on the tracking.

desperatebicycle

So many threads!
    Google – “site: singletrackworld.com Bikeinn”

and this one in particular, if you’d like some afternoon entertainment:
    https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/terrible-service-from-bikeinncom”

desperatebicycle

Thanks RichBowman. I am expecting it to turn up eventually 🙂

13thfloormonk

Jusr received my very niche +15mm axle SQLabs pedals from Bikeinn, v.fast, good price, wasn’t available in UK.

Happy with that.

the_kenburg

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the head torch that triggered this thread.
    Ordered on 27 January, delivery between 7-11 February.
    I’d heard nothing by Wednesday this week, and tracking still showed delivery by the 11th, so I emailed customer services. Reply stated that unfortunately the item has not yet reached the main warehouse, so probably won’t be arriving this week…
    Tracking status on my TrekkInn account now shows delivery between the 23rd and 24th of this month.
    Which is a week later than I needed the torch for sadly, so it looks like I’ll be cancelling the order and probably not using *Inn again. I understand things being delayed but the total lack of communication is quite poor.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used any of the *inn brands.’ is closed to new replies.