Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone used a Polaris Aqualite Extreme jacket?
  • damitamit
    Free Member

My trusty Gill Event jacket has finally given up.

Thinking about getting a Polaris Aqualite extreme, mostly for emergency road/commuting use (and to stuff in my camelbak). Anyone used one?

What’s the cut like? How small does it pack down?

Thanks
    Amit

binners

I’ve got one. It packs down to a miniscule size so is ideal for emergency road/commuting use.

Its quite a long cut over your arse. Mind you, I’m normally a Large but I’ve got an XL in this, so I can get something more than a thin bass layer underneath

Reluctant
    Free Member

I had an Aqualite for a few years. (not the Extreme, and I’m not sure how they differ) Anyway……. The Aqualite was ok, but not great. Pack size is it’s major plus point, packs down small almost like a Pertex and it was reasonably waterproof. Breathability was poor, got sweaty very quickly – it won’t stack up against your Gill Event. It’s a very basic jacket, no pockets, no fleecey collar, just elastic at waist and cuffs. Cut is cycling specific and works alright, sizing is on the snug side. I had to go up one size from what I’d usually expect to be. 🙂

fatblokeandson
    Free Member

Hi there i bought a aqualite extreme junior jacket for my 8 year old, we cycle about 6 to 7 miles at about 8 mph not exactly breaking any land speed records and was absolutly shocked when we got back home because my sons back could not have been any wetter if he was in the bath. I would not recomend this product !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used a Polaris Aqualite Extreme jacket?’ is closed to new replies.