Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone used a Kodak Zx5?
  • ChuckMorris
    Free Member

I’m after a Camcorder for biking and snowboarding.

I don’t want to spend a fortune and have come across this Kodiak ZX5.

Has anyone got/used one?

Any good?

Cheers

PaulMcG

I’ve got one, but haven’t properly used it in anger yet. I’ve also not used Go-Pro etc, so don’t have anything to compare it to.

Initial impressions;

– Robust, well built, does the job, reasonable image clarity
    – Internal battery life feels a bit limited (significantly less than the capacity of a decent SD card)
    – Mounting options are very limited. Unless you’re prepared to bodge something, I can’t see a decent helmet or chest mount option. I ended up buying a bog-standard bar-mount clamp which is OK, but produces shaky images.

KevinPP
    Free Member

Had one for a month or so but again not really used it in anger, mainly due to the crap weather. Have taken some other bits on it and it seems pretty good quality, especially for the price. Made my own very basic chest mount that I think will work. I’ll use it this weekend and report back.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Yeah it looks decent value for the money and weather proof.

The mounting options do look limited unless you make you’re own.

tomhoward

Google ‘one loose crank blog’ he used one to film our alpe d’huez trip…

colournoise

The Kodak ‘flip’ style cameras are surprisingly good IMHO. Have had a Zi8 for a couple of years now. Only downside is limited mounting options unless you’re happy to bodge stuff together.

withersea
    Free Member

Have got one really p,eased with it, originally bought a Samsung model but had to return it twice as it kept freezing. The Kodak has been faultless and easy to use

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used a Kodak Zx5?’ is closed to new replies.