Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone used a car manufacturer accident assistance thing?
  • daveh
    Free Member

Relatively new but seemingly most manufacturers now do it, a manufacturer backed third party company takes over your accident claim, liasing with your insurance company, and gets your car repaired by a manufacturer approved bodyshop. I’m a bit unsure because its seems much the same model as the accident management/credit hire scam but its manufacturer backed so I wouldn’t have thought it was too dodgy. The manufacturer’s representatives get the repair work, you get a manufactuer backed repair and your insurance company pays. There must be a catch somewhere. Anyone?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

It’s going to almost certainly be the same model or referral to a third party AMC, it’s just another referral source.

Think about it, manufacturers involvement with your car actually ends when they sell it. Once its past the factory gates, thats it. However, as a big organisation, they have a “brand” and a ring of “crediblity”, I mean, you all trust BMW right, but not an AMC? Well, the likes of BMW/Mini actually have their dealers signed into those scumbags Accident Exchange. You have a non fault car, and Mini will NOT give you a courtesey car for repairs, simply one bought from the dealership by Accident Exchange who then expect it to be HIRED out on excessive credit terms at every opportunity.

All it means is an AMC gets in there, hires cars at extortionate rates, repairs at extortionate rates, usually delaying repairs for increased profit, and by ringing the “branded” maufacturers supplied number for the same dodgy AMC, the manufacturer gets its referral fee.

The acid test is – “do they give a toss if I am at fault?”. Try just ringing the fault parties insurer – they’ll do everything you want, just cheaper to keep next years premiums down.

daveh
    Free Member

Ok thanks, always useful to have a sanity check. It was the other half, polish LHD lorry side swiped her on the motorway. The car is only 2 months old, 1400 miles on the clock, hence the desire for a good, not cheap, repair. 🙁

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used a car manufacturer accident assistance thing?’ is closed to new replies.