Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone use Road-ID, ICE-id etc
  • leffeboy

Just wondered if anyone actually used these IRL or if they are a bit niche?  I like the idea but I generally just shove my ID card in my back pocket whenever I’m out on a ride/run and that’s easily good enough to identify me and get my house phone number.    Does anyone bother with these or has found something even betterererer?

benp1

I asked about how to keep ICE type details and the message I took away from it was that info in my wallet is more likely to be used, although I also put the emergency details on my phone

I carry 2 cards in my wallet – debit card and driving licence. The latter has my ICE details written on it (on stickers)

lunge

I have a Road ID, it’s more for offering reassurance to my wife than for me in truth. In my head, something on someones wrist is going to be easily seen rather than digging around in pockets. I don’t like carrying much when I run so just having a wrist band works well for me.

Bear in mind that if you buy a Road ID you may get stung for import duty from the USA, I certainly did.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Personally I don’t bother.

im happy that I get medically cared for first.  Medical staff will care for you first rather than making sure a family member is informed

You are either well enough that you can ring family/ask someone to do it or you are that I’ll that Police are involved and family will get to find out.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Got a Road ID after a club mate made us aware of a friend of his who had a heart attack out on a ride. Due to breaking his phone in the resulting crash and having no other form of ID on him, it took the police hours to identify him and work out who to contact.

trailwagger
    Free Member

I have road ID. Got it years ago when I started using a pin lock on my phone and realising that no-one would be able to get to my contacts. I don’t carry my wallet while riding, and as said its more to keep the wife happy than me.

votchy
    Free Member

Another Road ID user here, have it on a red wriststrap fastened to the front of my camelbak strap so easily visible. the important information on it for me is I have Type 1 diabetes and this may be the reason I am unconscious if found on my own. For the few quid it cost it’s a little piece of mind when riding solo.

hedley
    Free Member

I’ve seen a few people with these on their helmets:

https://www.vitalid.com/product/motorcycle-rider-i-d/ £6.25 from Amazon.

It’s not just about your NOK but any existing medical conditions that might be important to the First On Scene or later on in hospital.

sandwicheater

Laminated a bit of paper with ICE info, blood type etc that i carry with me when on the road bike. Easily done, cost nothing.

simon_g

Use this on iPhone: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207021

Usually keep phone in a timbuk2 wallet thing (clear on one side for screen of phone, a few card/cash pockets on the other) and have a small card with ICE info on it.

I’d probably look at something more visible/accessible like a bracelet or helmet tag if I had allergies or conditions that medical staff would need to know about.

Cougar

I stuck a sticker on my phone with emergency contact details.  Low tech is king here I think.

Drac

Driving licence is very handy as the photo shows it’s pretty much you, ICE on the phone is handy but you can’t beat low tech laminated card in you wallet. It’s the first place that is checked for ID.

IHN

In the little dry bag I always take with me I have a card that says ‘I need help’ and has my name, my other half’s name and her number. I’ll also have an emergency tenner, a debit/credit card. and my phone that has ICE details on the lock screen.

Low tech is king here I think.

Indeed. As is usually the case with these things, apply the KISS principle

leffeboy

I think sticker on the phone is the winner here.  I nearly always have my phone so then it’s one less thing to think about.

thanks all, KISS rocks

(sticks tongue out)

martymac

A number of years ago, i made sure the police had a record of all my details, including my fingerprints and dna, so ICE they will easily find out who i am 😂😂😂

redmist
    Free Member

I’ve got a road ID mini size, for a small amount of money, it’s not conspicuous or obvious and it might save my life one day. Can’t hurt anyway!

dirkpitt74

I’ve ordered one of these:

Yellow Sports ID Wristband

As others, mainly for peace of mind for the Wife when I’m out.

I also use the Lezyne live tracking which emails a link to track progress.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Road-ID, ICE-id etc’ is closed to new replies.