Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone use Footpaths for there commute ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Yeah i know its illegal, just trying to plan another commute route involving less road , so more bridleways etc, but there are a few footpaths across land that would save me time etc as well .. anyone use them regularly ?

sleepless
    Free Member

yep, but at 5.30am on a ‘getting darker by the day’ autumn work day morning there is no one but cows to grumble at me.
    the other option is to risk my life on a very fast wiggly A road- but I would rather ride on the paths…

IanW
    Free Member

Yep, everyone (well most)is nice if I am. 🙂

It’s not illegal.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I do. Dirt ones and concrete pavement ones.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

thought the use of dirt/grass footpaths was illegal ? .. or am i wrong ?

terrahawk
    Free Member

You’ll never take me alive.

mrmo
    Free Member

thought the use of dirt/grass footpaths was illegal ? .. or am i wrong ?

trepass isn’t illegal, usually, all the landowner can do is ask you to leave. Criminal damage is a possible in theory and don’t push your luck with land owned by MoD, GCHQ, et al.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yup, every morning and evening.

Actually wrote to the council asking for it to be upgraded to a BW as it would be a really useful cycle link and all bar the last (muddy) 20meters is gravel roads or tarmac anyway.

andytherocketeer

I commute different ways.
    Sometimes it might be pavement and pedestrian crossing the entire way, with only 2 crossings being shared use crossing.
    😉

jekkyl

Their*

takisawa2

Yes.
    Especially as we do the school drop first.
    The safety of my kids comes first.

Bar a few pedantic phallus heads, most folk are actually in agreement that it’s the safer option sometimes.

alaric

I used to (I’ve moved now). Biggest problem was that for 8 months of the year it meant either arriving at work covered in mud or stung to s**t from the undergrowth!

theotherjonv

Yes, about 100 yards of it to avoid a major dual carriageway and roundabout and cross the raid about 50 yards away at a crossing. It’s a ginnell through an industrial estate and then across a patch of waste ground. Does include a flight of steps where I can practice my CX mount and dismounts.

I was observed by a police car taking this cut one day. There are no ‘no cycling’ signs specifically but it is clearly a footpath, and I did wonder if it was going to cause a problem but they both seemed unconcerned.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Footpaths for there commute ?’ is closed to new replies.